Dual affairs

snowcones

Every couple defines boundaries differently for themselves. Open marriages differ as much as monogamous ones. I tend to think of open marriages as still having a healthy loving dynamic between the two primary partners though, however they set up the outside partner rules.

When I think of dual affairs, I think of the primary relationship being facade only- meeting no romantic needs and the spouses seeking those needs to met elsewhere, and a don't ask don't tell understanding. While not exactly an affair if it's known and accepted, not particularly healthy for any of the parties involved either.

I was a ww, the mm I was involved with had a bs who was a ww herself before and during our affair, with partners of both genders. Everything was eventually disclosed to each other.

I am no longer involved with him, I don't know if she still has other partners as I don't speak to him anymore, however I do know they are still married.

What's the context behind your question?

• Like 1

Yes, H had his GF in an apartment he paid for and his wife was banging her boss. I showed up during that period because her boss was a customer of mine and she sucked me in (I was young and a dope at the time) until she'd gotten what she wanted, pregnant by her H again as a tool, and quit. They would stay married for another fifteen years and I had further contact with her during that time and again after she left her H for another married man.

Some of this stuff could make for a good movie. The 70's and 80's were quite a time. I have other stories but that was the most applicable and long-lived. BTW, I did do intel on the GF/apartment thing (remember, I was a dope and believed the MW's stories) and at least that part was true. It was during that era Reagan came out with his 'trust, but verify' slogan and I took that to heart regarding MW's. The GF in the story ended up dying about a decade after my first contact.

I don't know if the H had any other affairs but the MW did. Men loved her, warts and all. She had that 'thing' that attracts men, even still had it in her 50's when I met up with her later in life. Some folks have it, some don't. She and her exit MM have been together and quite apparently happy for nearly 20 years now. Don't know about her H. He still owns the family ranch.

Met their son, didn't go into farming, saw him back at Newport News, he was in the military. Same with daughter's H, they were all back there. Also knew her father, he was in the same industry as myself, MW described him as alcoholic and abusive, IDK if he was or not. Never came across that way in business. She said her mother cheated on him. IDK. Is so, though, apples and trees I guess.

IMO, dual affairs aren't common, and usually, once push comes to shove, result from revenge on one side after discovery or disclosure. Revenge affairs are very common IME. Eye for an eye thing. Emotional response. MC did wonders to clarify all that stuff. Divorce is a far simpler and less painful solution.

I showed up during that period because her boss was a customer of mine and she sucked me in (I was young and a dope at the time) until she'd gotten what she wanted, pregnant by her H again as a tool, and quit.

You're lucky her H turned out to be the father :eek: !

Mr. Lucky

Corazon de Leon
Ever know a couple who both were having an affair and both knew of each others affairs?

Known as "mad hatters" in the good ole loveshack days.

Corazon de Leon