Ex Emailed Me About...

phoenix_7

him not paying my bills anymore because money is hard nowadays. I don't believe that since he earns a lot, and he spends grandly on clothes and holidays with his mistress (we are technically still married but he would not cooperate for a divorce since he would be exposed). I cut off all contact with him since early last yr except my official email for bills and stuff. He would still email me breadcrumbs even if I would not reply, and still sends gifts and lengthy messages during my birthday and christmas. I didn't reply anymore for my peace of mind and self respect (he emails me i miss you messages while he is still with his mistress as per social media). My friends say that he is just trying to get my attention since i never responded to his hoover. what do you think? Am I doing the right thing of not replying to him?What message am I sending to him of not replying?

Edited by phoenix_7
  • Like 1

I say continue with suing. If he won't give you your right to his Financial Assets then get it legally. He's so lucky already living with his Mistress and enjoying the life YOU, as a wife, should be enjoying.

Ask for your options in regards to this divorce and exhaust all legal efforts so that you'll have complete healing.

EDIT: Make sure you'll get a LOT from this.

• Like 1
loversquarrel

Do you have children with him? Depending on your state or countries laws while the two of you are still married and haven't filed any legal paperwork regarding divorce or separation he could find himself liable for abandonment if he does in fact cut payments.

You should concentrate on you and seek legal remedies through the courts, you don't have to wait for him to decide. You could potentially create more legal problems for yourself by remaining idle.

• Like 1
Grapesofwrath

By not replying to the personal messages, you are showing strength. You are not going to be manipulated and appeased by some hollow email about how much he misses you. He is trying to use old tricks to mollify you while he goes right ahead and does what he wants.

You are a grey rock. No personal interactions. Only email him when it is about the financials or other "business" items, or about your kids, if you share any.

Don't contact him. Have a lawyer write him a letter instead, reminding him of his financial obligations and the consequences for not meeting those obligations.

• Like 3

If you want peace of mind & self respect and this bill paying isn’t by court order it sounds like you better contact an attorney or be prepared to pay your own bills. :eek:

If you don't reply, you are sending the message that you have no problem with him not paying your bills. Give the email to your lawyer and let him handle it.

Why is he paying your bills anyway?

• Like 3

@OP, you might actually want to file for divorce and get this sorted out. Apparently both you and your still husband have just left this running for over a year now.

If he won't give you your right to his Financial Assets then get it legally. He's so lucky already living with his Mistress and enjoying the life YOU, as a wife, should be enjoying.

This is a good argument to never ever get married, thank you very much for making it. Her husband is a cheater with some serious issues when looking over her other posts and seperation and getting it sorted out is the best thing she can do.

But how is she entitled to "enjoying the life as his wife", "right to his financial assets" etc. They got married, she apparently stayed home for years and they never even had children.

If you don't reply, you are sending the message that you have no problem with him not paying your bills. Give the email to your lawyer and let him handle it.

Why is he paying your bills anyway?

Skimming over the other threads she makes. Both of them seem to have been content to just let this go on till now. Neither making an effort to sort it out. The husband is a serial cheater from what she told us while she apparently wasn't all to bothered by simply moving out when she found out as long as he kept financially supporting her.

As far as one can tell from her posts the husband in question is franky speaking an indecisive clown but the longer this goes on the more questionable her behaviour becomes aswell.

This is a good argument to never ever get married, thank you very much for making it. Her husband is a cheater with some serious issues when looking over her other posts and seperation and getting it sorted out is the best thing she can do.

But how is she entitled to "enjoying the life as his wife", "right to his financial assets" etc. They got married, she apparently stayed home for years and they never even had children.

Because it's her legal right. Plain and simple. It might be a flaw in the system, but she's still entitled to it legally. I don't know the reason why she stayed at home all these years etc etc. But if there's no pre-nup then she gets something. And with this situation wherein the husband cheated and left her, then I believe she deserved some financial remuneration.

OP you will be entitled to some assets or financial support by your husband but as you have only been married 5yrs and there isn't any kids I wouldn't count he probably won't have to support you for years. You need to file for divorce and get whatever the courts decide you have a right to have but you also have to start thinking longterm and make a plan to be able to support yourself. It would be very foolish to think your going to live off your husband forever.