Is he falling in love with me?

girleegirl

Well I have stopped torturing myself for the moment about being the o/w. He had always said that we were only friends, then lately it he actually said we were lovers and now he said we are closer than that. He never mentions love, but to say we are best friends is good with him. He is much more attentive and treats me with more care and respect than before. I'm just not sure whether this is love or if he just feels closer. He never use to call me to say he was leaving work early for whatever reason, now he calls me and tells me if he will be out or if he is leaving early. His birthday is this week and I have given him several gifts, one of which is a guitar. I told him I was concerned about it because what was he going to say to his partner (he's not married has a partner of 8 yrs.) He said let me take care of that. I asked him today if he got the guitar he said yes, then out of curiosity I asked him what he said to his partner and he said he didn't want to tell me. Obviously it couldn't have been the truth. Anyway, I feel like we are in a happy period, but I feel insecure as to when the relationship will end and by whom and for what reason. I just wish I knew what all this new attention means. Has anyone ever had their guy fall in love with them, even after they said it was only friends or only sex? Does this ever happen or am I really stretching my imagination? I think after 7 months of only being"friends with benefits" as he put it (but we know better) that it is high time he started to feel something stronger for me. Is this a good thing?? I haven't decided yet. Any comments out here?[font=arial][/font][color=black][/color]

You've been with this guy for 7 months..

He's STILL with his GF..

So my feeling is this...

It really doesn't matter what he calls the 2 of you.. FWB, Lovers, Best Friends.. whatever.

He still calls someone else his GF and it isn't you.

Why not DECIDE where this relationship is going.. CHOOSE to be the person in charge of your own happiness and security.. DON'T wait for him to make the choice for you.

After 8 years with his GF pssshhhh you'd think it would be high time he either sh*t or got off know what I'm saying? He either wants to be with her or he wants to be with you.. IF he doesn't want to make that choice and choose you then make it for him and ditch him.

• Author

I know sometimes he feels he is in control, but the truth is that the day I say that I have had enough of this relationship I could end it just like I started it. I do get something off of it; attention, I feel sexy and beautiful and I feel wanted. I knew going into this relationship that he had someone who he had been with for 8 yrs. I also know they have a very rocky relationship. He has said that he can talk to me about things he can't say to her, and that I make him laugh and he feels like he can be silly with me and not her.

A few times I have wanted to end it, just to not make his life with her more difficult, but I really want him in my life. I really love this man and truly want him to be happy and I also realize that I have nothing to do with their problems and that he got involved with me for whatever reason.

Anyway, I like the relationship we have, somedays we are truly friends and he listens to me whine or just let's me cry on his shoulder. Other days it is full of sexual tension and when we get together things usually end up heated. That's when I wishthere was more to the relationship. I know that's just dreaming.