Over 3 years since D-Day...

jnel921

It's been over three years since I posted my thread http://www.loveshack.org/forums/romantic/marriage-life-partnerships/infidelity/352488-my-husband-lied-broke-us that forever changed my M.

I just wanted to check in and give a little hope to those of you who are in R or are contemplating and not sure if it exactly worth doing.

As you may have read over and over again here it only works if both people are committed to doing the work. You need a remorseful WS and a BS who is willing to start the forgiveness process. It is a lot of work!

Unfortunately all M's aren't meant to be saved. Especially if the 2 people involved do not meet the criteria and are not willing to do anything.

3 years later I can say that our M did finally turn a corner that I didn't expect. My H continues to find ways to make me fall in love with him. We have created new memories together. Communication has improved and we haven't talked about the A in a very long time. The A is a memory now and the pain has subsided.

I don't have the mind movies and I don't incorporate what happened in any of our arguments.

I do look at him now with a new set of eyes. He has shown me and proven how much he loves me and our life together. This makes it easier for me to reciprocate and in turn feel just as blessed.

Things have gotten to a new normal for us. We continue to work on us everyday and appreciate the things we do for one another. We have become better friends as well.

While the whole experience of the A was hurtful and traumatizing I have to admit that it shifted our M to such a better place and for that I am thankful.

R can work. But to do that you have to be able and willing to do the work. Be willing to let go and let god.

We did it and are happier today for it. Good luck to everyone. Know you are not alone. There are many of us who have hung around this site for years sharing and giving support. Hopefully the time spent here reading and sharing helps you as as it did for me. I totally love the LS family! :)

Edited by jnel921
  • Like 11
gettingstronger

That is great- we just hit 2.5 years and are not as far along as I would like to be- here is to hoping 3 years will be the "magic" number!