Update - been a while since my last thread..

NotCamelot

Sadly, there are a lot of new members here since my last update. Those of you that don't know can search for my posts. For all the rest of you, here is the latest.

Before turning out the lights (TV) last night, my fWW had her head on my shoulder and arms around me. She said, "Why haven't we always been this happy?" My response: "We were for a long, long time. But more importantly, we are now. We just didn't know what we had until we almost lost it." No reply from her; just held me even tighter.

It's been over 18 months since D-day.

I feel that I love her more now than probably ever. I am still aware of what happened. Though I don't hurt that much anymore. I still feel anger at times; mainly when alone. I still don't trust her as much as before. I don't know when that will change, if ever.

She is still doing everything right.

But, at times, it is still hard.

• Like 12
painfullyobvious

Sounds like the two of you are healing. You are right to be forever cautious and full trust never completely returns. So very happy that you are happy again. Proof that hard work can be done and does pay off. Thanks for sharing

• Like 2
lilmisscantbewrong

Thanks for updating. More proof of the length of time involved to recover. It sounds like she is really working at it and I am so happy for you.

• Like 2
experiencethedevine
Sadly, there are a lot of new members here since my last update. Those of you that don't know can search for my posts. For all the rest of you, here is the latest.

Before turning out the lights (TV) last night, my fWW had her head on my shoulder and arms around me. She said, "Why haven't we always been this happy?" My response: "We were for a long, long time. But more importantly, we are now. We just didn't know what we had until we almost lost it." No reply from her; just held me even tighter.

It's been over 18 months since D-day.

I feel that I love her more now than probably ever. I am still aware of what happened. Though I don't hurt that much anymore. I still feel anger at times; mainly when alone. I still don't trust her as much as before. I don't know when that will change, if ever.

She is still doing everything right.

But, at times, it is still hard.

It is always a delight to be party to the positive, and your reactions to the aftermath of such a traumatic event are evidence of progressive recovery on the right road, so I applaud your tenacity and dignity in offering yourselves the chance to rebuild a more rewarding life.

It takes considerable effort and time for both parties, but with gentleness and respectful encouragement it can be achieved, there is no doubt.

You will never have the blind faith in your wife that you once had, nor the naïve belief that no harm could come to your marriage, but what you have now is honest, transparent understanding, and that is the cornerstone of your new life together.

My husband had a four year affair many moons ago, and nearing 16 years on I can fully understand where you are at the present. I can also tell you that we have reached a place of devotion, contentment, honesty and respect that chased away any last threads of anger, agony and distress forever........

I wish you a long, content and honourable life together from here on.

• Like 5

NC,

I was skeptical of your WW (thanks to my own experience, to be sure).

In your situation, nothing makes me happier than to be wrong.

Frankly, I think you both screwed up and you both learned from it.

Kudos NC. I'm flat out happy for you.

• Like 3
  • Author
NC,

I was skeptical of your WW (thanks to my own experience, to be sure).

In your situation, nothing makes me happier than to be wrong.

Frankly, I think you both screwed up and you both learned from it.

Kudos NC. I'm flat out happy for you.

Thank you! :D

• Like 1
  • Author

Thank you all for your kind words. I am so happy and relieved to to be able to tell about this current status. We all know that it may not have went like this.

I am thankful that it did.

Dude, I read your original thread of what your wife did. I am sorry, but I do not know how you could ever forgive such a person who could disrespect you so much, who time and time again showed how she didn't really love you by gettin with another dude.

A lot of other people in here are saying they are happy for you and that is fine, but for me I just feel sadness..another person has settled for someone who is utterly and completely disrespectful to them. You do not do the things she did if you are in love, it just doesn't happen.

With all that said, it is your life so..I wish you the best.

Edited by Spectre