I think My Dad is Cheating on My Mom... What do you think?

ABUSCH2005

:( I have no Idea who to talk to about this without someone knowing that it's about my life, so I'm putting it out there/here in hopes for some advice.

I suspect that my father is cheating on my mother what do I do?

I know in the past I have always felt he has possibly cheated on her, and now once again the evidence is being thrown in my face.

Let me start by saying that my parents have had rough spots in their relationship, but I have always felt they have been somewhat happy. My mom has a successful company which she owns and runs, and my father is a computer analyist or something like that. He travels almost 5 days a week for his job. Which is nothing surprising because for his job for this company he does have to travel a few days a week if not 5 days a week.

I have, in the past, thought he might be cheating, but it has always been in the rough spots of my parents' relationship, and recently everything has been great, and I haven't suspected a thing. But today, for some reason, I walked in my parents' room and saw my dad's suitcase sitting on the bed from when he had unpacked it this morning.

Why? I don't know. Something urged me to look in his bathroom accessories bag. In the pocket on the inside I found a condom. This might not seem unusal except for the fact that my mother had a historectomy like 8 years ago ... and they in no way need a condom.

So, of course, I begin to think "Well, he must need it for someone else."

"What do you think? Is he cheating, or am I just worrying for nothing?

Please Help!

average guy

Well, like they say, a women's intuition is never wrong :) If you "feel" that he is cheating, then he probably is.

You didn't mention how old you are, but I assume you are old enough to know about sex and condoms.

I first "knew" that my father cheated on my mother when he left me in the car parked outside my 3rd grade teachers apartment while he went to go "talk" to her for an hour and a half on a Sunday afternoon. I didn't really know what sex was, but it was more the sense of betrayal (he told me not to tell my mom anything about it) and the burden of knowing but not wanting to break my mother's heart by telling her. Well, years later I did tell her, and she said that he had been cheating on her since the first day they met (I still can't understand what my mom saw in my father, but that's a whole other story :)

Anyway, I would suggest that you try and bring the subject up with your mother if it is a big issue for you. She probably already has her own suspisions (especially if you did) and "knows" already herself, but the important thing is for you not to feel burdened by the guilt of keeping it a secret.

Good luck :)