Lean in to it...

So, I decided enough with the daily talks and stuff that keep the affair front and center in our lives. This week, I decided to lean in to my life. Take charge of my feelings and enjoy my new found closeness with my husband, regardless of the circumstances. We had an amazing week and and even better weekend. I feel positive and happy. Yes, thoughts creep in and yes, we have lots to work on, but giving it a rest and not beating it to death was empowering. I am so much more than a BS, I am a wife and a lover. I have a huge life and I need to love it. We are more than a couple in the middle of reconciliation, we are a couple deeply in love with so much to look forward to. Just thought I would share this in hopes that it helps someone. Lean in to it....

• Like 10
So, I decided enough with the daily talks and stuff that keep the affair front and center in our lives. This week, I decided to lean in to my life. Take charge of my feelings and enjoy my new found closeness with my husband, regardless of the circumstances. We had an amazing week and and even better weekend. I feel positive and happy. Yes, thoughts creep in and yes, we have lots to work on, but giving it a rest and not beating it to death was empowering. I am so much more than a BS, I am a wife and a lover. I have a huge life and I need to love it. We are more than a couple in the middle of reconciliation, we are a couple deeply in love with so much to look forward to. Just thought I would share this in hopes that it helps someone. Lean in to it....

Wonderful! That's right... thorns but roses too! His problem... ugly - help him with it. But keep it in that context (helping). Help him understand that he can talk to you. Create a relationship in which you can tell him that you are hurting without him pulling back into his shell. He is your husband, his job to comfort you.

Bless you for allowing yourself to enjoy life!

• Like 4
  • Author

Yes, OW is still intruding and I have not contacted her husband. She is a drama queen and for now, I am hoping she will burn herself out and move on. I have limits but I am not at them yet. She has taken enough of my time so I am trying to laugh rather than react. I will let you know how my tactic works...

Yes, OW is still intruding and I have not contacted her husband. She is a drama queen and for now, I am hoping she will burn herself out and move on. I have limits but I am not at them yet. She has taken enough of my time so I am trying to laugh rather than react. I will let you know how my tactic works...

I was just wondering if it could actually be entertaining to watch her squirm. Are you putting on a show Athens? Tell the truth! (just kidding) :)

After the last call my h xow placed to me, I blocked her from calling me, even from unknown number. My h changed his number immediately after dday, so she cant call him, either. She called me super early in the morning and was telling me all kinds of crazy stuff, and she thought I would believe her? My h and I actually think she was either hoping it would get my h mad enough to call her, or she was just trying to f with me, and it almost worked to get me fired up until I stopped and thought about how crazy she sounded...

Either way, not worth my energy or focus. My h and I have grown much closer and are enjoying each other more than we have in years. So ya, I am leaning into that! :love:

• Like 2
  • Author

Kat, you are my twin....same thing here....lets keeping leaning in to the good things and take care of us...we are worth it and so are our marriages....cheers!

• Like 1
Kat, you are my twin....same thing here....lets keeping leaning in to the good things and take care of us...we are worth it and so are our marriages....cheers!

Cheers to you as well, and I so agree, it is definitely worth it!

I am living this right now. We both are recommitted in a way that I am very grateful for. No one can love me like my H and no other woman can love him as I do!

I also am learning how to love myself. For so long I didn't believe that I deserved the love that my H was giving me. I was and am damaged by some terrible events in my past. I am working on my pain so that our new daughter doesn't witness my pain and how has destroyed who I was meant to be. I'm going to be a new woman in my marriage.

• Like 3