Signs of Remorse

Confused3232

Hi Everyone:

Anyone that knows me, knows I am an impatient soul. It has been four days since I told my WH to move out and I filed for divorce. I'm not sure if I would ever entertain the idea of taking him back, but I would like to see some remorse for his actions either way. He is the father of my kids, and I hope he has some sort of conscience.

So for those of you who cheated and moved out, when did you start to question your actions? When did you start to realize the OW or OM wasn't all he/she cracked up to be? Or for those BS, when did you start to see real remorse?

I know all situations are different, but there might be some similarities. Thanks all!!

underwater2010

When he backed off making excuses and actually apologized for putting our family in jepordy. When he cried before I did while talking about the affair. When he deactivated his facebook without me asking. When I said to change all passwords so I couldn't snoop anymore and he left them the same. When he asks me to go to bed with him even if I am not tired. When he texts me to say he loves me and checks to make sure I am safe coming home. When he puts up with my bitchyness because I am triggering and does not take offense. The list goes on and on.

Each person is different and their way of dealing is different, but I hope that helps.

• Like 3
Hi Everyone:

Anyone that knows me, knows I am an impatient soul. It has been four days since I told my WH to move out and I filed for divorce. I'm not sure if I would ever entertain the idea of taking him back, but I would like to see some remorse for his actions either way. He is the father of my kids, and I hope he has some sort of conscience.

So for those of you who cheated and moved out, when did you start to question your actions? When did you start to realize the OW or OM wasn't all he/she cracked up to be? Or for those BS, when did you start to see real remorse?

I know all situations are different, but there might be some similarities. Thanks all!!

I didn't see real and true remorse in her face until MONTHS later.

Some may figure it sooner - others later. Sounds like your stbxh is the "later" type.

So here's what you do: live. your. life.

Heal. IC. Wrap yourself with friends and family. Move forward exactly as you are doing - I wouldn't suggest waiting for him to change though.

And maybe, when reality REALLY hits him (he has to cook his own meals, iron his own shirts and the OW has flaws just like you)...he might begin to see things differently. Maybe. No guarantees.

So keep the D moving forward.

Speak only of kids and finances.

IF he comes back...you can then decide what to do.

Stop worrying about what MIGHT happen - he and the OW haven't made a real go of it yet - its still too new and now they can bone like teenagers at his place. That has to die first before anything really. Be patient.

Reality ALWAYS comes a knocking.

I know its not what you want to hear - but its what happened to me. And when my xWW truly tried to come back some months later (after life with OM fizzled - (turns out he was more interested in horizontal activity than handling my kids))- I had moved on, learned and grown. I didn't want her back. So I said no.

• Like 1

Divorced October 2011 and I moved out of house January 2012. ExH would not let me stay in house to make payments while it sold and I was unable to stay there while he dated. I just could not do it. We are being foreclosed on because he would not pay his half. He then proceeded to move his hiney to where his gf lived, 4 hours away, coming back only every now and then, always with her. In the year that I have been gone, he has never asked me if I needed one thing. He doesn't help son. He has never asked about the dogs. Last week, his sister called and while talking, told me that he and gf were not getting along and they were fighting all of the time. She has been married 3 times and he is a cheater - go figure, right? :laugh:

Lo and behold - he texts me yesterday. He is moving back down here this weekend. He wanted to know if he could see the dogs and did I have the taxes for 2011, which were sitting right on the library bookcase when I left, as I copied them for myself. Wtf? I told him I was busy and our son could take the dogs over there when he was home and I scanned the taxes and emailed them to him. I was cooperative, not friendly. I know what is coming. He is alone, just broken up with gf or something like that ? and my guess is he will find some remorse in him for what he has done. I don't trust that it would be real remorse. I don't think he has the character for that, but even so, while it would provide some peace in my heart and perhaps help with his relationship with our son, it is too late for us.

Move on with your life. Your H does not seem like he will be finding his conscience any time soon and waiting for it is just an exercise in futility and will lead to heartbreak. I don't believe that all people find remorse in their souls. Sometimes it is just they are alone now and afraid of their future without someone to lean on.

I agree with jwi71. I have learned so much in the last three years and they were lessons I did not want to learn. Life happens, it sometimes sucks and yet we persevere. Don't wait for him - go out there and enjoy life. :D

My 2 cents

• Like 4
  • Author

Thanks everyone. I have been slipping a little (not with him though). This is insanely hard and I give all of you credit for walking in these shoes before me. I just wish my life was different right now. It will get easier, I'm just hoping that comes sooner than later.

Steen,

With the hell that man put you through for all of those years, I hope he does come to you asking for another chance or something. Then you can give him a big ol' one finger salute.:mad:

And as far as the dogs go, send him over a fresh steaming pile. Let him know that's all he gets to see of the dogs.

• Like 3

confused, initially he WILL miss mommy cooking and ironing and generally making his life easier.

Don't fall for that trap.

Then he will miss your kind friendship because I bet the OW is either really scared about whatever consequences you may rain down on her head and has tucked tail for awhile.

don't fall for that either.

You don't want to be his Plan B, default choice, soft-landing because SHE is not available as much anymore.

You don't want a man who returns for his children only, because trust me on this, you will resent it and always suspect he is searching again for someone new.

You want a man who loves you, cherishes you, pursues you, fights for you and cannot imagine a life without you and your love in it.

you want a man so abjectly remorseful of the actions he took in secret that EVEN HE cannot believe what he did and why he did it.

And until you see that partner, keep your distance and keep focusing on you and a strong, healthy future for you. Envision the life you DESERVE.

And if you ever start to see THAT man, the one remorseful and crazy in love with you, you will know it when you feel it.

ONLY then, could it be time for a cup of coffee.

• Like 8
Steen,

With the hell that man put you through for all of those years, I hope he does come to you asking for another chance or something. Then you can give him a big ol' one finger salute.:mad:

And as far as the dogs go, send him over a fresh steaming pile. Let him know that's all he gets to see of the dogs.

LOL, 96. Yeah, he told me the dogs ages in his text and I thought, well, yeah, I am the one paying the vet bills, tooth removals, heartguard, etc. I think I know how old they are! His way of "chatting", I guess. What a piece of work!

I won't be going back to him!

• Like 1
  • Author
Confused, has he shown any remorse at all?

I've gotten the token "I'm sorry about all of this" but that's about it. He is usually angry more than anything else, which is confusing considering I didn't do a thing.

• Author

I had an interesting day yesterday. I went to IC with our MC. So, she knows my H and our relationship. She wasn't surprised at all that he was still cheating all along, even though he sat there and lied to both of us.

The counselor is a phd and has been doing this for a very long time. She feels that it is odd for a man not to return to his roots especially given our situation of having two babies and only being married for 4 years. She also feels the level of betrayal is so bad (you all don't know the half of it) that she hasn't ever seen a case to this level. She feels that this will be a pattern throughout his life. He WILL cheat on the OW if she doesn't dump him first or if he gets tired of her. She said he will try and return, but I should not take him back because he will cheat again.

She also said he is the type of person who can categorize things, he has his outside persona and his hidden persona (the OW falls in this category). I

That is why he has not shown remorse because he does not feel guilty about either. This makes sense because he is so worried about his image in the community....I am the perfect wife, we have beautiful baby girls, we are successful, blah blah blah.

I won't be going back to him!

I would drive up there and kick your ass, myself! Or burn your couch or something.

• Like 1
I had an interesting day yesterday. I went to IC with our MC. So, she knows my H and our relationship. She wasn't surprised at all that he was still cheating all along, even though he sat there and lied to both of us.

The counselor is a phd and has been doing this for a very long time. She feels that it is odd for a man not to return to his roots especially given our situation of having two babies and only being married for 4 years. She also feels the level of betrayal is so bad (you all don't know the half of it) that she hasn't ever seen a case to this level. She feels that this will be a pattern throughout his life. He WILL cheat on the OW if she doesn't dump him first or if he gets tired of her. She said he will try and return, but I should not take him back because he will cheat again.

She also said he is the type of person who can categorize things, he has his outside persona and his hidden persona (the OW falls in this category). I

That is why he has not shown remorse because he does not feel guilty about either. This makes sense because he is so worried about his image in the community....I am the perfect wife, we have beautiful baby girls, we are successful, blah blah blah.

It's encouraging to know that your WH would have to go through your MC before he got to you.

• Author
It's encouraging to know that your WH would have to go through your MC before he got to you.

Huh? Come again?

Huh? Come again?

Your MC sounds like she's got your back. This is a good thing. Many of them try to sit on the fence and not hold the cheater accountable. In many cases, they even put a lot of pressure on the BS to fix marital problems or further meet the wayward's needs. They refuse to take sides.

I'm just saying that in the event that he shows remorse and you end up considering reconciliation, your MC sounds like an ally and your H would likely have some answering to do with the MC rather than being let of the hook as so many other MCs do.

The MC in my situation swept the whole thing under the rug. "Ok, the affair was wrong. Everyone gets that. So, what can we do to fix this marriage?" I would have paid good money to have an MC like yours.

• Like 2
I would drive up there and kick your ass, myself! Or burn your couch or something.

Pick me up on your way. I'll bring the matches. :laugh:

• Like 3
Pick me up on your way. I'll bring the matches. :laugh:

You and BH are so funny! I would have a bunch of people who would be VERY upset with me, but you two might be the only ones who would burn my sofa! Drastic measures for drastic times. No, I won't be going back with him. He had his chances with me and blew them each time. Beside that, I would hate to see you both or all three of us in jail! Thanks, you two :love:

• Like 1
I'll spring for a gallon of gasoline.

OH NO, I didn't see Spark there. Well, thank you, Spark. I love ya, too :love:

You and BH are so funny! I would have a bunch of people who would be VERY upset with me, but you two might be the only ones who would burn my sofa! Drastic measures for drastic times. No, I won't be going back with him. He had his chances with me and blew them each time. Beside that, I would hate to see you both or all three of us in jail! Thanks, you two :love:

Not to worry, I wasn't even cited for the couch.

And those rookies Nole and Spark think I need matches or gasoline? As if I don't always have a lighter on hand just for these types of emergencies.

• Like 2

And those rookies Nole and Spark think I need matches or gasoline? As if I don't always have a lighter on hand just for these types of emergencies.

Me too...Me too...I'll bring the marshmallows:D:D:D:D:D

• Like 1

Is that the new Couch Torch 2000 made by Dewalt you have?

• Like 1

Oh my goodness, Confused. I am sorry about the t/j. It is my fault. I encouraged them. You know how these criminal types are - always looking for a reason to burn a couch! :D

Forgive us!

• Like 2
I'll spring for a gallon of gasoline.

And you already have the "Spark"...hahaha! :)

Confused, how are you doing? I agree with the others who have said to stay far away from your H right now.

Who knows what will happen in the future. He may get it or he might not.

One thing I think you can be sure of, he will have to pay the piper for his choices someday. IMO, you cannot do such a horrific thing to those who love you and not pay the price, somehow, someday. As far as I am concerned, he has put some negative energy out there and it will come back to get him.

I believe that you get what you give. And he will get his. Maybe not in the way you think or hope, but it will come back to bite him, that is for sure.

Hang in there and be strong! You have a lot to look forward to with a rewarding career and those sweet little babies to raise!

• Like 2