Ankle Bracelets

strongnrelaxed

strongnrelaxed

I just read somewhere that when married women wear ankle bracelets it means that they are open to an affair.

My ex wore one right before our marriage started going downhill.

Coincidence?

I think not wearing a wedding ring means you are open to an affair much more than wearing an ankle bracelet does.

• Like 7

Quite a while ago, I remember reading that in some locations, wearing an ankle bracelet was associated with a trashy and highly sexualised image. I don't really see many people wearing them nowadays and don't know if the stereotype still exists.

Where did you read this?

I think it's hogwash.

Some women just like ornamentation. It's nothing more than a bracelet for the leg, as far as I'm concerned.

Where did you read this?

I think it's hogwash.

Some women just like ornamentation. It's nothing more than a bracelet for the leg, as far as I'm concerned.

Can't remember, freestyle.

Different cultures have different norms regarding attire. Some are a little more conservative than others. When in Rome...

Can't remember, freestyle.

Different cultures have different norms regarding attire. Some are a little more conservative than others. When in Rome...

Whoops, January---My question was directed at the OP--I can see how it looked like I was addressing you, because I failed to use the quote box.

(my bad):o I am curious to hear where the OP read specifically that wearing an anklet is a sign of a married woman looking for an affair.

I agree about different cultures, etc---I guess I haven't come across this belief in the U.S.---especially about it signaling availability, it's news to me.

It would signal availability to the same degree as wearing a shirt. The button down has unique meaning, one of mystery hiding behind the stick up the arse look.

Oh yes, and if a man has an earring in his left ear, he's gay, and in his right ear, he's bisexual, and if a woman wears a red scarf she's lesbian, and if it's purple, she's bisexual and if a woman wears her wedding ring on her other third finger (right hand) it means she's recently divorced, and if I wear my t-shirt inside out, i got dressed in far too much of a hurry, and it's unlucky to turn it back the right way round, and it's unlucky to stitch a button back on a garment if you're still wearing it, and you shouldn't open an umbrella indoors, and lilac indoors is bad luck and never own a black cat and....

....shall I go on with the tripe, or do we get it??

• Like 2
and if I wear my t-shirt inside out, i got dressed in far too much of a hurry,

:laugh:---I thought *I* was the only one who did that occasionally....

It's intentional. 'Inside-out' is the new black.

I'm a Fashionista Icon, you know.....

• Like 1
I tend to do that with my underwear... :o

Yeah... but that just means you've been caught out.... There's getting dressed in a hurry, and getting dressed "in a hurry" *wink, wink*....

• Like 1
You know, some days are so bad I even put my bra on back to front :eek:

If I did that - who'd notice?

I had a Playtex living Bra, but I swear it died of starvation....

• Like 2
Yeah... but that just means you've been caught out.... There's getting dressed in a hurry, and getting dressed "in a hurry" *wink, wink*....

:laugh: No, I haven't. Really. No, really :rolleyes:

I had to observe it once, though, when my flat mate's lover at the time (this is close to sixteen years ago now) had to leave 'in a hurry'. I was on the phone with some work stuff and was trying to retain a professional voice as this drama suddenly played itself out in front of me. Phone conversation keeps going as I wave good bye to one guy and soon wave good morning to the next...

Oy my life! How much did your flatmate have to pay you to shut up about that one...?? :D

Oy my life! How much did your flatmate have to pay you to shut up about that one...?? :D

She had actually briefly entertained the thought of keeping him there and passing him off as my ONS. Now THAT would have cost her :D

So we've gone from 'Knickers inside out' to 'knickers in a twist'.... not bad!!

Oh yes, and if a man has an earring in his left ear, he's gay, and in his right ear, he's bisexual, and if a woman wears a red scarf she's lesbian, and if it's purple, she's bisexual and if a woman wears her wedding ring on her other third finger (right hand) it means she's recently divorced, and if I wear my t-shirt inside out, i got dressed in far too much of a hurry, and it's unlucky to turn it back the right way round, and it's unlucky to stitch a button back on a garment if you're still wearing it, and you shouldn't open an umbrella indoors, and lilac indoors is bad luck and never own a black cat and....

....shall I go on with the tripe, or do we get it??

Aaaah, no wonder an inordinate amount of women hit on me in the winter :o:love:

I just read somewhere that when married women wear ankle bracelets it means that they are open to an affair.

Other than putting her ankles behind her ears while wearing such a bracelet leading to an affair... I seriously doubt that wearing a bracelet means anything other than they like to wear brackets...

• Like 2
Oh yes, and if a man has an earring in his left ear, he's gay, and in his right ear, he's bisexual,

etc, etc, etc...

Wow, you are a wealth of information, I'm going to have to right those down! ;)