Cheating wont stop... taking him back again

Well it looks like I'm taking him back AGAIN after the same story and promises he can stop... I know he can't and yet I see he really has a problem he can't control I just don't know how to or to get him help... the last thing I can understand is lying and cheating on someone I love but he does it again and again... I know he needs therapy and the depths of his other lives and relationships are beyond normal affairs... they are so involved and there are so many and yet I'm the one constant... I know I love the man and amazingly i still after all the lies and infidelity believes he loves me I just have to get him help and get him to believe he needs help... every time I think he really believes he can stop on his own... Any suggestions??? Interventions that worked??

Get him to a psychologist pronto. In the meantime, get yourself tested and use protection with him if you have sex with him.

Faerie Princess

He's lying. He's lazy and selfish. He doesn't even care about himself.

These all come to mind. If he "can't stop" it's because he doesn't want to. The only limits we have are the ones we put on ourselves.

He screws around cause he WANTS to screw around and you enable him by always forgiving him. From what you posted....he doesn't have "occasional accidents". He has full blown affairs which he gets very involved in. Then when he's done having fun....he comes home to the "nest".

If you are happy remaining his nest keeper....then you will feel the same way you do now....over and over.

If you do not wish to be his doormat.....tell him to get the hell out!

You can love someone with all your heart.....but if they make you miserable....then what good is the love?

The only females he is making more miserable than you....is all the ones he is running around with probably spouting words of love.....when the truth is....he only loves himself. He is using them...and he is using you.

I'm really sorry you are going thru this....it's a terrible place to be.