Patterns of Women Cheating

Untouchable_Fire

Untouchable_Fire

Exert from a book written on this topic.

Remember that 70-75% of divorces are initiated by women and that a good chunk of those initiated by men is caused by their wives cheating!

I've recently been trying to help my cousin deal with his GF cheating on him. Our Brazilian friend Rick basically just scratched his head and said in his country it is well known that "American women are good for sex, and bad for love." Which is suppose is somewhat true considering the % of relationships that fail before finding marriage material.

Anyway... Here is part of what this book says.

"Women's relationships today follow

a very predictable pattern:

They push men for commitment

They get what they want

They lose interest in sex

They become attracted to someone else

They start cheating

They become angry and resentful

They begin telling their partners that they need time apart

They blame their partners for their behavior...and eventually, after making themselves and everyone around them miserable for an indefinite, but usually, long period of time, they end their relationships or marriages.

If you're a male, like most other males, you would probably never suspect that your partner is cheating, not only because of your wife’s or girlfriend’s seeming disinterest in sex; but also because you have the belief that your wife or girlfriend is a “good girl.” Unfortunately, males are frequently left/divorced by their wives and girlfriends without ever knowing about their wives' and girlfriends' infidelities.

If you’re a female, like most other females, prior to cheating on your partner you always proclaimed yourself to be "not the type" who would ever cheat. However, also like most other females, after they have cheated, you're shocked and appalled by your behavior; but at the same time you can't stop cheating. "

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

Perhaps it is the lure of the dark side of power; the corruption of the super-ego by the id. Sexual power is a dominant force in nature; the power to perpetuate the species. Absolute power realized can corrupt absolutely. I would imagine it takes really strong boundaries to resist the dark side.

Also, I would add, from my own experience, lack of interest in intimacy. One can have sex without intimacy, as a mechanical act. It depends on the psychology of the person. Where is the desire for intimacy being met?

I would imagine awareness of this dynamic is what causes some men to want to assess women by their sexual and relationship history, both in quantity and quality; how they've handled their power and the lure of the dark side.

I was blissfully ignorant of this for many years, to my own detriment. Life teaches one lessons :)

Interestingly, all this website is is an advertisement for a book. So we don't even get to really consider why she came to the conclusions she did until we buy the book.

Try posting a site with information that will actually back the claims she makes in this ad, and I might find it something worth thinking about.

LeaningIntoTheMuse

I sincerely doubt that women cheat more than men.

And it really says more about the character of the person who cheats, than their gender.

And it really says more about the character of the person who cheats, than their gender.

Ah, a voice of reason amid the din of inanity. :D

Are you for real?? :confused::confused:

depplover_1980

I always thought the stats showed men to be the higher cheaters. Not that it's important. People cheat because something is wrong in the relationship and that is nearly always the result of both people not working together! I would never cheat.

SouthernSunshine

Dang, that sounds pretty acurate. :o I feel bad for my SO because I know he deserves to be fulfilled. He's my friend, nolonger my lover.

Interestingly, all this website is is an advertisement for a book. So we don't even get to really consider why she came to the conclusions she did until we buy the book.

Try posting a site with information that will actually back the claims she makes in this ad, and I might find it something worth thinking about.

Having read the book during my divorce having been the one cheated on. Most of it is compiled from real stories of interviewed women who had cheated and left their husbands. Outside of cases where the husband was obviously a stinker it was pretty much the allure and excitement of a new man, forbidden sex and a new relationship. Often around the time of the alleged sexual peak of women between 32 - 45. Many of them regretted what they did but usually a couple of years later when the shine wore off the new relationship or when it ended. Of course by then the damage was done and there was no going back. There's also a message board on the site. Checked it out for a short time way back in the day but found it too depressing so I let it be.

What is the aim of this thread, anyway?

To convince anyone who stumbles upon it of the nastiness of women?

Why?

Folks who want to study "patterns of women cheating," or any other random subject matter, can explore away on their own. Why is this posted on a dating forum?

SouthernSunshine

People cheat! I believe women cheat just as much as men. They cheat for different reasons. Men prob just wanna get laid whereas a bored housewife wants attention & adventure.

LeaningIntoTheMuse
Are you for real?? :confused::confused:

What did I say that was offensive? Is it offensive to say that people who hurt others who love them aren't nice people?

Of course! That's the OP's pattern with nearly every single thread he creates. :sick:
What did I say that was offensive? Is it offensive to say that people who hurt others who love them aren't nice people?

Nothing, I was being ironic :) You violated the obligatory gender bashing code of LS :p:laugh:

Absolutely. However I think men and women have different drives and patters regarding sex and relationships. Perhaps the title should have been The Patterns of Cheating Women instead since not all women cheat. Those who do may very well fit the pattern. I don't see anywhere in the OP or the website where it says women are worse than men. It's just a look at one gender. As to why it's in dating.. well I suppose it doesn't quite belong here.

Damn, threads like this really put a crusher on my spirit. I dont cheat, never have, doubt I ever will, because I choose meaning, and reason over cheap thrills... ohh the thrill of the forbidden woopdifrickindoo.

If I want the thrill of the forbidden I will do something noteworthy of the risk, like plant a field of pot plants and make 50,000 bucks at harvest... you know, REAL excitement and real danger of getting caught.

Ugh but I should probably leave this forum, because its so undeniably miserable, it makes it feel like the certainty of your SO cheating is like 50%, are there even numbers for how many people cheat on their SO?

Things like that just crush me, and make me feel an undeniable rage and hatred for the human species how we are so ****ing selfish and animal and bereft of divinity, deserving of neither love of the cosmos or other humans.

Edited by Billy_Boy

Ugh but I should probably leave this forum, because its so undeniably miserable, it makes it feel like the certainty of your SO cheating is like 50%, are there even numbers for how many people cheat on their SO?

We probably don't really want to know. Don't let it get to you too much. I say this as a man whose wife cheated and left. It made me realize just how picky I have to be if I ever consider marriage again. Pain is a great teacher. I hope others can learn from my mistakes so they don't have to go through what I did.

Damn, threads like this really put a crusher on my spirit. I dont cheat, never have, doubt I ever will, because I choose meaning, and reason over cheap thrills... ohh the thrill of the forbidden woopdifrickindoo.

If I want the thrill of the forbidden I will do something noteworthy of the risk, like plant a field of pot plants and make 50,000 bucks at harvest... you know, REAL excitement and real danger of getting caught.

Things like that just crush me, and make me feel an undeniable rage and hatred for the human species how we are so ****ing selfish and animal and bereft of divinity, deserving of neither love of the cosmos or other humans.

Please don't let posters like UF get you down. Just look at the threads he's started and you'll get a flavor for his attitude. It sucks. It just does. Women - wait, let me correct that - AMERICAN women are immoral, abusive, cheating, lazy, materialistic, good for nothing P'sOS in his eyes.

It gets old.

IMO cheating has nothing to do with gender.

It has everything to do with lack of character.

Both sexes are guilty of this.

Absolutely. However I think men and women have different drives and patters regarding sex and relationships. Perhaps the title should have been The Patterns of Cheating Women instead since not all women cheat. Those who do may very well fit the pattern. I don't see anywhere in the OP or the website where it says women are worse than men. It's just a look at one gender. As to why it's in dating.. well I suppose it doesn't quite belong here.

But that would be a reasonable way to approach the subject without the skew of how women are the worst thing ever to happen to the world or something. I do think that female cheaters and male cheaters often do it in different ways, for different reasons, and that you could find certain patterns amongst women that are different than those amongst men. (I also think most of this is socialized, and thus you'd find different ones in different socities as well, though the world is becoming more global every day.)

Those book ad websites always seem sensational to me, and what's on this one seems poorly written. That said, I do imagine the cycle listed happens many times that women cheat (not that all women are programmed to cheat this way, but as sumdude says, it might be a decent look at a Cheating Woman; perhaps a more useful attitude would also be to look at other traits that tie into that cycle to assess ways that Cheating Women differ from Faithful Women, just as it's important to assess how Cheating Men differ from Faithful Men).

• Author
Untouchable_Fire

Why?

Folks who want to study "patterns of women cheating," or any other random subject matter, can explore away on their own. Why is this posted on a dating forum?

The 'nastiness of women'? That is your judgement not mine.

There just needs to be more awareness on this topic. Mainstream media rarely portrays female cheating accurately. I was very naive to the issue until I became older.

Are you trying to say that cheating only counts if your married?

Remember that 70-75% of divorces are initiated by women and that a good chunk of those initiated by men is caused by their wives cheating!

What do you mean, "REMEMBER"? We can certainly all remember that you say so. This does not make it true.

And don't bother citing websites that offer statistics to prove it. We all know that we can find a website to "prove" any darn thing we would like to prove.

• Author
Untouchable_Fire

I'm really sorry this is getting you down.

I had hoped it would instead be more motivating. I don't want you guys to be out there naive like I was. For sure don't be a hard hearted guy, but just always keep your eyes clear.

This doesn't have to be you! Just avoid being silly and foolish as I was.