For MM, how do you feel when your OW ignores you

after you threw her under the bus b/c of the ultimatum your W gave you?

I've been acting like my MM didn't even exist, ignoring him to the maximum. It seems though he is showing himself at places he knows I need to be, although he hasn't tried contact with me and I am not 100% sure he's at those places b/c of me. But then again, if I was in his shoes and truly determined to make my marriage work, I'd probably try to stay as far away from me as possible.

What do you think he's trying to do? I mean, showing himself in front of me everywhere but not making any contact. Is he waiting for me to break NC since he said he'd never contact me again in the NC email he sent me?

What is he trying to achieve?

NoIDidn't

You guys are both playing games with each other trying to see who is going to break first.

If he responded to his W's first ultimatum, he will respond the same to the second, third, and so on until she gets tired of it and throws him out.

Do you like this game? You could end it by actually not giving him the attention he wants. But first, you gotta stop wanting his attention too. You aren't really ignoring him. You're just waiting for him to break NC.

I'm not a MM but it sounds like he's placing himself there to see if you'll break NC for him. That way later down the road when he gets caught again, he can throw you under another buss and say "she contacted me first!" I know the game, been there, done that. :rolleyes:

soserious1

A MM who is showing up in situations in which he knows the OW will be present

aside from totally unavoidable work situations which his wife is aware of is breaking no contact even if he doesn't actually speak to you.

Untouchable_Fire
after you threw her under the bus b/c of the ultimatum your W gave you?

I've been acting like my MM didn't even exist, ignoring him to the maximum. It seems though he is showing himself at places he knows I need to be, although he hasn't tried contact with me and I am not 100% sure he's at those places b/c of me. But then again, if I was in his shoes and truly determined to make my marriage work, I'd probably try to stay as far away from me as possible.

What do you think he's trying to do? I mean, showing himself in front of me everywhere but not making any contact. Is he waiting for me to break NC since he said he'd never contact me again in the NC email he sent me?

What is he trying to achieve?

It made me feel like I was going to have to find another OW. Like... damn I blew that... well better start looking for a new one.

• Author
It made me feel like I was going to have to find another OW. Like... damn I blew that... well better start looking for a new one.

What do you mean exactly, Untouchable? Do you mean that you knew you blew your chance? Then why would you still show yourself in front of the "old" OW?

• Author
You guys are both playing games with each other trying to see who is going to break first.

If he responded to his W's first ultimatum, he will respond the same to the second, third, and so on until she gets tired of it and throws him out.

Do you like this game? You could end it by actually not giving him the attention he wants. But first, you gotta stop wanting his attention too. You aren't really ignoring him. You're just waiting for him to break NC.

I think you are right. I wasn't really moving on if I still care this much. I should just distance myself as far away from him as possible. He made a choice to abandon me so who cares if he's trying to get my attention again? He doesn't deserve the attention I used to give him and he doesn't deserve any lovey dovey talk to boost his ego.