My Ex Kissed Me Years Ago

vnqsh2001

This happened years ago with my first wife, but I'm still not completely sure what to think. I have my ideas, but I'd like to hear what others have to say.

My first wife had an affair and decided to divorce me. I guess she convinced herself that she didn't love me anymore after sharing some passionate moments with another man, but I always felt like there was actually still a lot of feeling there.

Anyway, about a year after our divorce, I came over to her house to visit our son. She and I had already started to date other people. We were sitting on the sofa and she suddenly became flirtatious. We started kissing and touching, but it didn't progress beyond that. I thought it was a good sign, because I really wanted to get back together with her. It was the warmest affection she had shown me in a long time.

The thing was that after I left her house that day, it was like nothing had ever happened. She never mentioned it and continued acting like we were complete strangers.

Has anybody out there had a similar thing happen to them? Comments are welcome.

• Author
This happened years ago with my first wife, but I'm still not completely sure what to think. I have my ideas, but I'd like to hear what others have to say.

My first wife had an affair and decided to divorce me. I guess she convinced herself that she didn't love me anymore after sharing some passionate moments with another man, but I always felt like there was actually still a lot of feeling there.

Anyway, about a year after our divorce, I came over to her house to visit our son. She and I had already started to date other people. We were sitting on the sofa and she suddenly became flirtatious. We started kissing and touching, but it didn't progress beyond that. I thought it was a good sign, because I really wanted to get back together with her. It was the warmest affection she had shown me in a long time.

The thing was that after I left her house that day, it was like nothing had ever happened. She never mentioned it and continued acting like we were complete strangers.

Has anybody out there had a similar thing happen to them? Comments are welcome.

I guess this situation was rather unique compared to what other people experience. We were both being unfaithful to the people we were seeing at the time, but the only reason we were seeing other people was because she decided to leave me to begin with.

From the look of your other thread, you seem to have a run of bad luck when it comes to wives. :(

In this case, I would opine "check in" and "ego feed". Ex checked in to see if you still wanted her. Got her answer. Felt good. Moved on. Some women use men like tools. :)

One more thing which came to mind, based on my experiences.......when one has "options", one doesn't mind using up one or two of them to get what one wants in the moment. Just imagine if you had women throwing themselves at you daily, including your ex; you wouldn't mind "using up" a couple of those options to make yourself feel better. If you never saw them again, no big deal. Another would fill their shoes tomorrow. This is one of the important powers women have over men. There's always another man to fill your shoes...

• Author
From the look of your other thread, you seem to have a run of bad luck when it comes to wives. :(

In this case, I would opine "check in" and "ego feed". Ex checked in to see if you still wanted her. Got her answer. Felt good. Moved on. Some women use men like tools. :)

One more thing which came to mind, based on my experiences.......when one has "options", one doesn't mind using up one or two of them to get what one wants in the moment. Just imagine if you had women throwing themselves at you daily, including your ex; you wouldn't mind "using up" a couple of those options to make yourself feel better. If you never saw them again, no big deal. Another would fill their shoes tomorrow. This is one of the important powers women have over men. There's always another man to fill your shoes...

Hmm. Yes, you're probably right. She was just making sure I still wanted her. It probably gave her some thrill to see what power she can hold over a man. She got her power trip and felt satisfied; nothing more.

As for using up "options," that's probably why I slept with a lot of women after that and didn't care about them in the least. Women are not the only ones who can do that.