I have been in a committed relationship since December of 2004. We have been living in my apartment since November 2005, however, he is still paying rent for his apartment. We've talked about getting married in mid-july this year but he just wrote out the June rent.

He won't answer why he keep this apartment and mind you there is nothing in it -- no furniture or clothes or anything. What gives?:

no clue. Have you asked him directly? What has his response been? Does he have a lease that he needs to fulfill?

carmaenforcer

Yes I'm with Lennox communication is key. At least it's the best place to start. I'm sure there is a resonable answer, although some guys are so afraid of letting go of the security that some where else to go offers they might keep another apt. but that seems a little extreme to me but not unheard of.

You didn't mention age ~ background ~ (previously married ~ previous living together, etc)

Obviously me this guy either one has committment issues ~ not a big thing ~ just something you've got to work through or two ~ security issues ~ again not a big thing ~ just something you've got to work through ~ but he's clearly not ready for marriage! Red Flag! Flares! Bells! Whistles! Your posting here ! "Danger Wlll Robinson! Danger!"