How do you know "The One"?

laRubiaBonita

i know this has been asked previously.....but how and when did you know your SO was "the One"...... just a general idea would be fine too.

this will sound stupid, but it felt like a sure thing. That all those things you think about going into a relationship – respect, caring, compromise, sharing, togetherness, trust – didn't seem scary. And I could see a future with him. Not forced, as in, "oh, wouldn't our kids be cute" or "you'd look so handsome all dressed up for our wedding," but more along the lines of "I see you in a rocking chair in front of a nursing home and me visiting you" (husband is a bit older than I). Just thinking about being together wasn't scary ...

i know this has been asked previously.....but how and when did you know your SO was "the One"...... just a general idea would be fine too.

you don't ever know 100%....that's the beauty of the whole thing.

• Author
laRubiaBonita
For me, it just felt right. I don't know how else to explain it.

how soon did you feel that way?

how soon did you feel that way?

right after 1st time she had sex w/ him :laugh:

• Author
laRubiaBonita

If a dude can have great sex witha chic the first time....... i might marry him too!

whichwayisup

Pretty much right away. We'd been co-workers for over a year, I worked in the same department as him, but different area. He never caught my eye, I didn't "like" him that way at all. Then, one day we just started talking and I realized he was a real great guy...He walked by me, (LOL!) he smelled really good.............And then I was interested. It wasn't long after that we started going out to dinner, hanging out, getting to know eachother. I just liked how I was with him, things just fell into place.

I think one other thing that made me realize it (it's silly) that first night we went out for dinner I was very hungry, though when the food got there, I couldn't eat a bite. He made me feel nervous and sick to my stomach! I knew then that he was the one I wanted to be with only.

whichwayisup

Nah.....I knew beforehand. The sex just confirmed it! :laugh: