Wedding Anniversary

Today is Gina & my 10th!

Wanting to share with my LS pals!

Today is Gina & my 10th!

Wow. Congrats. Seems like a rarity in todays society. Any plans?

• Author
Any plans?

We exchanged gifts & cards over breakfast this morning.

A lovely dinner at a nice restaurant tonight.

Next month, a well-derserved & badly-needed vacation at a warm sunny seashore!

• Author
Wow. Congrats. Seems like a rarity in todays society.

And Thanks!

Today is Gina & my 10th!

Happy Anniversary to you both!! :love: What you getting her?:D

• Author
Happy Anniversary to you both!! :love: What you getting her?:D

I got her a gold ring with a blue topaz centerpiece & smaller diamonds surrounding it. She loves it!

A 10th anniversary is called "tin," but I thought she would appreciate something like this more than a piece of sheet metal. :p

If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be. - Yogi Berra

I got her a gold ring with a blue topaz centerpiece & smaller diamonds surrounding it. She loves it!

A 10th anniversary is called "tin," but I thought she would appreciate something like this more than a piece of sheet metal. :p

If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be. - Yogi Berra

Gosh if some men thought the way you do!! My don't even get me a card . We go out to eat that is it.

Congratulations! It's a biggie isn't it? We celebrated our 10th last year. My husband took me on a cruise. (I didn't get a card either Sassy!:laugh: But I forgave him:p )

Next month is our 11th!

• Author
Congratulations! It's a biggie isn't it? We celebrated our 10th last year. My husband took me on a cruise. (I didn't get a card either Sassy!:laugh: But I forgave him:p )

Next month is our 11th!

A cruise! You both enjoyed that immensely, I hope!

Gina has never been interested in cruises, & I am indifferent on the subject. We both love the seashore, & I am trying to convince her into Southern Mexico sometime.

What she really wants is Europe. She wants to watch me tell off a "Yankee-Go-Home" Parisian waiter in French! :p

• Author

So I pose a question to the board.

Of those who are married, how long? And what do you think has made your marriage work over the years?

Make something idiot-proof, and they will simply invent a better idiot.

Congrats.

I had to remind my friends of their anniversary... :rolleyes:

Of those who are married, how long? And what do you think has made your marriage work over the years?

Your previous post made me laugh. Yeah, those damn French! Beautiful country though. Why won't your wife go on a cruise. It's my favorite kind of vacation! It's the BEST! There's no way she wouldn't like it. And contrary to what some believe, these ships are SO huge and with advanced technology concerning stabilizers, etc. that you really don't feel any motion. We've never gotten seasick (and I'm prone to it.)

Married 11 years next month. What has made it work? Well, if you asked my H he'd say "I treat her like the goddess she thinks she is!":p

Seriously though...that's a tough one. It's not any ONE thing. But if I had to pick one, I'd say our compatible sense of humor. And our temperaments are similar. I find that if one is moody and generally has a negative view and the other is mostly positive, it just doesn't work. That negative person will always drag the positive one down. Two negative people together could work I guess.

Also we are on the same page on SO many important issues like money, sex, etc. Even political views. That all helps a lot.

And oh yeah...we both know when to back the hell off!

Ladyjane14

Congratulations Scott. :) I hope you two had a lovely time out celebrating.

In answer to the question... 23 years. And I think what makes it work is my faulty memory! If I actually remembered half the stuff that's come out of his mouth over the years.... Well, I don't think I could have survived this long. :D

(Love your signature, btw! :bunny: )

• Author

And oh yeah...we both know when to back the hell off!

That is very important. Little can be resolved when one's blood is boiling. One often tastes shoe leather in the heat of the moment.

• Author
Your previous post made me laugh. Yeah, those damn French! Beautiful country though. Why won't your wife go on a cruise. It's my favorite kind of vacation! It's the BEST! There's no way she wouldn't like it. And contrary to what some believe, these ships are SO huge and with advanced technology concerning stabilizers, etc. that you really don't feel any motion. We've never gotten seasick (and I'm prone to it.)

She simply is not interested in cruises, & I'm indifferent about them myself. There are other types of vacations we both enjoy more.

I think the idea of dressing black-tie for dinner while on vacation appeals to neither of us. We vacation to relax, & while vacationing, formal means you put on shoes.

I suppose if going on a cruise meant a lot to me, & I conveyed that to her, she would agree to go on one, though. I've heard a lot of good things about those Windjammer cruises. My parents went on one a few years ago, & had a great time. Those seem to be more our style.

What if people stopped throwing rice at weddings, & threw potatoes instead?

She simply is not interested in cruises, & I'm indifferent about them myself. There are other types of vacations we both enjoy more.

I think the idea of dressing black-tie for dinner while on vacation appeals to neither of us. We vacation to relax, & while vacationing, formal means you put on shoes.

I suppose if going on a cruise meant a lot to me, & I conveyed that to her, she would agree to go on one, though. I've heard a lot of good things about those Windjammer cruises. My parents went on one a few years ago, & had a great time. Those seem to be more our style.

You don't have to dress at ALL for dinner if you don't want to. All the ships now have different eating venues. Some are more casual than others. You never have to set foot in the dining room if you don't want to. But even if you do, typically on a 7 day cruise, there are 2 formal nights. The rest of the time it's casual even in the dining room.

The Windjammer cruises look like fun but not our thing.

Anyway, as long as you both agree on what type of vaca you want, then there's no problem and it's all good.

• Author
Congratulations Scott. :) I hope you two had a lovely time out celebrating.

In answer to the question... 23 years. And I think what makes it work is my faulty memory! If I actually remembered half the stuff that's come out of his mouth over the years.... Well, I don't think I could have survived this long.

Thanks. It was a weeknight, with both of us having to work today, so it was quiet & intimate. A nice dinner at a dark cozy restaurant, with some quality time together for the rest of the evening.

One of the wonderful things of a long love relationship is that spectacular entertainment isn't always necessary. Yes, events together are fun, but simply being together with the one we love, holding each other, seeing love in each others eyes has much to be said about it.

Twenty-three years! Great for the both of you. Wishing you many more!

quankanne

congratulations, Scott! Hope you and Gina have a wonderful evening tonight. Has she seen the ring yet, or is it a surprise?

14 years in June – and I've been blessed. What's made it work? Learning how to effectively communicate with each other, and making it clear that no matter how much we disagree or piss each other off, it's first and foremost a relationship based in love.

oh, and the understanding that if he ever did anything to hurt me, it's not me he has to worry about, but my two sisters, who still think of me as their baby sister they must protect!!!

• Author
congratulations, Scott! Hope you and Gina have a wonderful evening tonight. Has she seen the ring yet, or is it a surprise?

Thank you.

It was yesterday (may 4th). We had a very nice evening together.

We exchanged cards & presents in the morning before work.

silktricks

Very warm congratulations.

Our 16th wedding anniversary is next month, but will have been together for 28 years in July.

Some rocky spots, but overall it's been just great. There isn't a thing about him that I'd change.

carmaenforcer

Congrats. 10 years is no joke, a huge deal. Hope to someday be able to post my own 10 year anniv announcement someday.

Enjoy your vacation.