MM's wife is threatening me with court and murder

orangechair4488

I did not mean to get involved with a MM he didnt tell me he was married. Told me his "x" treated him bad and he was stuck with her for a long time, later find out she is still married to him. $hit hit the fan..she somehow got my cell number, and is now threatening me with murder and draggin me through the mud to ruin both my and his life. She has physicaly abused him, and I am worried for both of us. What can she legaly do to me? We have never had sex or even met face to face.. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

OC

What can she legally do to me?

Well, she can't legally murder you. Isn't your real question: What can she do to me, period? It depends.

If she knows your name, address, home phone number, place of work, friends, relatives, she can stalk, slander, libel, harass, intimidate, and assault you. She can also vandalize your property and attempt to ruin your reputation. I have to say that a hellion going around town denouncing the slut who emailed her husband would tend to draw much more discredit on herself than on you, especially if you keep cool and refuse to be drawn.

If all she knows is your email address and cell phone, you're golden! Block her...and him...problem solved.

Final piece of advice: You never met the guy, you have NO idea whether what he was telling you is true. He undoubtedly lies to her, so it's likely he has lied to you as well. If she is physically abusing him, he should call law enforcement or a domestic violence support group or shelter.

EndoftheRope

You already know he lied to you about being married. It's more likely than not he's also lying about his wife abusing him. Try to understand how his wife feels, finding out he's having a relationship (of some sort) with another woman. You might try apologizing THAT this happened, letting her know you didn't know he was married, and promising you will stay away from him. And then stay away from him. It sounds like he's not a great addition to your life, anyway. What do you need with a man who lies to you and gets you into this mess? Good luck.

Say you didn't know he was married and completely cut off contact. Change your numbers or block theirs. The problem will disappear along with him. She is his problem, not yours.