Is he playing me?

I confronted my husband about 1 month ago about an inaproprite realtionship he had with a female friend. All though I can not prove that they actually were having sex, my heart and mind tell me they were.

He told me he was not going to tell me about the friendship because he was considering divorcing me, which was news to me.

When I found out, I told him he could leave, go be with her or whoever. He said I had it all wrong, just friends, but still was not sure if he wanted to be with me, but he never left, even after I told him too. If he gets mad at me, he threatens to leave, but never does, or always comes back like an hour or 2 later.

I wonder, is he holding the fact that he will leave, to control the situation? I just wonder why he always says he will leave, then when I call his bluff he stays?

whichwayisup

If you love him and want to work on the marriage then go to counselling together. If he wants out and isn't sure what he feels, then maybe it's time to end things. I don't know how long you've been married or if there are kids involved, but your hubby sounds like an idiot! Sorry, no offensive. He needs come clean with you.

Something isn't right. Most husbands don't play those games with their wives! He has control issues and is manipulating you into his game by saying one thing and doing another.

It sounds like he is playing a stupid game with you and its time that you come down to and deside for YOURSELF if you want to still stay in this marriage. Givinng him an out doesn't mean that he is even going to take it seriously, and will do what he is doing now. I say that you should stop him at his own game and pack your own suitcase and don't forget to shut the door on your way out

If he gets mad at me, he threatens to leave, but never does, or always comes back like an hour or 2 later.

I wonder, is he holding the fact that he will leave, to control the situation? I just wonder why he always says he will leave, then when I call his bluff he stays?

Does he tell you where he goes to? Sounds like he is inventing the perfect excuse to go and see the OW. Sorry.

I'm not certain, but it sounds like he has a hard time communicating with words so he's trying to make you jelous by pretending he has someone else to fall back on. Or it could just be a desperate cry for help trying to tell you your not giving him enough sex. He could be trying to make you guess what's wrong, which is totally uncool. Try giving it to him more to see if his childish behavior stops. If not then consider divorce if you dont have kids. Life is to short to have a spouse who doesnt love you.

Or it could just be a desperate cry for help trying to tell you your not giving him enough sex. He could be trying to make you guess what's wrong, which is totally uncool. Try giving it to him more to see if his childish behavior stops.

Great advice, but if I give him any more sex I will need to store ice packs near the bed! Ha ha...I know sex is not the problem, even he says so. We have sex about 6-7 times a week. I think it is probably more of a communication problem, like he doesnt want to be bothered to talk to me. He sure can talk to me ehrn he wants it though!