Like spouse's friend too much?

How does one know if he/she likes a spouse's friend too much?

Imagine a scale where on one end is recognizing that your spouse's friend is attractive. On the other end of the scale is attempting to start an extra-marital affair.

Excactly where in between is the line between what is appropriate and what is not, and how does one know if they've stepped over it?

carmaenforcer

The moment you can't tell your spouse what you are thinking/felling about a certain person, the line has been crossed. Some things are taboo and should be squashed the moment they enter ones mind. If you thought your BF/GF's daughter or son was hot. Fantasize all you want but do not disrespect your relationship. It's when we linger a little too long in a fantasy that we get into trouble.

It's funny to me that a person (Woman or man) asks this question knowing the answer. Could it be the decision has already been made and you are just looking for other Women/man to validate your actions.

• Author

I'm not looking for validation. I just don't know.

I like the women in question. I enjoy her visits, when she, my wife & I watch movies or just hang out. She seems to light up the day when she comes over, but I'm not interested in having an affair.

I'm friends with a couple that I have known for 20 yrs. I was friends with the H first. I feel like we are closer than his W and I are, but I make sure not to step on her toes if you know what I mean. She use to get jealous, but doesn't anymore. She thought because her H and I clicked so well that we could have an A, but I gained her trust over time and proved to her it wasn't like that. Now it's fine. It really depends on the people I think.