Question for everyone...

The thread similar to this got me thinking. Here is my question...

What ONE thing about YOURSELF would you think your spouse would say he or she would want changed?

Please...this should be a fault of yours, not something such as "I should be more accepting of her." Also, stay away from physical appearance items such as lose weight, get braces, etc.

Me...I am pretty certain she would say that I should be a harder worker around the house. She has a much higher drive than I do. Of course, she would also say that I taught her to relax and read, which she could not do before me.

whichwayisup

My husband would definately want me to stop smoking. That one is a given actually, too easy...

So, excluding the smoking thing...He would want me to work harder around the house too, same as you. The real problem though is, neither of us enjoy housework, infact sometimes we REBEL just cuz we get lazy...Then things pile up, clutter etc., and then it's a pain the butt to organize and clean up again. I think he would want me to take the lead more so he can follow.

catgirl1927

Easy, it's the same thing I would change: More self confidence, higher self esteem, less insecurity. I'm an ok girl, I need to be more positive instead of always focusing on every little thing that's wrong with me.

basscatcher

Stop reading into everything.

Stop over analyizing everything.

Relax and have fun.

Get over being insecure.

Toughen up.

carmaenforcer

I know one thing she has mentioned, like padameckla, I need to

Stop reading into everything.

Stop over analyzing everything.

I have always been that type of person and I think it only got worst after she cheated on me. Just the other day she asked me "are you always going to be like that?", she means over cautious of what she does, whom she talks to at work (Guys), suspicious of others (Guys) intentions toward her, that kind of thing. I answered "I don't know!", "probably, but I don't want to be".

I told her "I have been working on it", "haven't you seen that I don't ask as many questions anymore?" She agreed and game me props for it. I in turn thanked her for making it easier by being a better person to me and considering my feelings. She has been the best and I do see myself trusting her more eventually but I'm not stupid and so I will never trust other guys intentions.

Oh well!!! Shock it up to a catch 22.

RecordProducer

My husband would remove the center in my brain that gets angry at him. :D

catgirl1927
My husband would remove the center in my brain that gets angry at him. :D

:D My BF would probably like this as well... and the part in my brain that makes me wear pjs... :p

RecordProducer
:D ... and the part in my brain that makes me wear pjs... :p
Thank god he has a part of his body that makes you remove your pjs regularly! ;)

Hmmmmmm hubby would definently like me to change my premature judgements about people. It could be my private and reserved nature that I assume before hand, not to be very mean or cruel but little things that I sense about them before hand. Even by someone just telling me about them, I have a special side of me which picks up on the invisible details of the person.

It could be a psychic thing, hunch or just a silly pre conceived notions. But when I hear later on about so and so things that I sense about them are true........take what you will from my post:-)

y'know...thats a good question.

I really don't know.

I think it might be something along the lines of stop over analyzing things, but thats me, I'm a programmer / analyst, its what I do every day.So naturely it comes with the package.

She hates when she says something that contradicts something she said earlier and I call her on it. Than she blames me saying that I'm twisting her words even tho I'm not.

bluechocolate

I don't know either & I wouldn't ask - it's a dangerous road.

I suspect however that I would be told I'm perfect just the way I am.

:p:o

(at least that had better be the damn answer!!)

carmaenforcer

I think it might be something along the lines of stop over analyzing things, but thats me, I'm a programmer / analyst, its what I do every day.So naturely it comes with the package.

She hates when she says something that contradicts something she said earlier and I call her on it. Than she blames me saying that I'm twisting her words even tho I'm not.

Man ryan05, I do the same thing and get the same accusation. I'm one of those "word for word" guys, I can repeat exactly what was said by each person, word for word. Kind of annoying if your on the receiving end of it, I guess. I'm glad I'm on this side. :p

HokeyReligions

Only ONE thing?!

Cease my pack-rat ways!

Be a better house-keeper

Find the sense of humor I seem to have lost

Be more sociable (we don't go out very often and its usually because I don't want to)

Quit smoking (I started again last year after having quit for nearly a decade) and Stop telling Him to quit chewing on his fingers!

whichwayisup
Quit smoking (I started again last year after having quit for nearly a decade)

oh Hokey, I'm sorry to hear that. I can pretty much guess it was all stress related that got you smokin' again. That sucks. Well, hopefully by mid-Spring I'll be trying to quit. Ha, we should start a support group for those who wanna quit and give eachother support!

I think my hubby would like it sometimes if I was more serious.

my husbanf complained about my smoking...

i think i did it ti be defiant because the rest of his life was perfect and he was still never satisfied.... ever!

my husband complained about my smoking...

i think i did it to be defiant because the rest of his life was perfect and he was still never satisfied.... ever!

RecordProducer
my husband complained about my smoking...

i think i did it to be defiant because the rest of his life was perfect and he was still never satisfied.... ever!

This is very interesting that you said "his life was perfect." Not too many people would call their lives perfect; the thing is, you called HIS life perfect, not yours. Is yours perfect? What exactly is perfect about his life and what is he not satisfied with? Perhaps he doesn't find it perfect. Hope you don't mind me asking. :o
carmaenforcer

Good question RecordProducer...

I have seen people that seem to have the perfect life and am tempted to think "what could they possibly have to complain about" but happiness is a matter of perspective. The poorest man can feel rich sometimes and the richest man may never feel like it.