LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Marriage & Life Partnerships

Why do i have to lose my disabilty and my medical just because i got married?

Marriage & Life Partnerships Debunking the old-ball-and-chain stereotype one couple at a time.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th February 2006, 12:28 AM   #1
Unconfirmed Account

Why do i have to lose my disabilty and my medical just because i got married?

i would like to know why do i have to lose my disabilty and my medical just because i got married?
zb1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2006, 12:35 AM   #2
Established Member

I wish I could help you out with this one, but I'm not sure why. I'm assuming you're in the US and not in Canada. I'm Canadian so our Medical system is completely different.

Can you call your insurance company? Be sure to talk to your spouse about this.

Good luck and sorry I wasn't much help.
whichwayisup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2006, 9:35 AM   #3
Established Member

If you're drawing some type of governmental assistance, the government in the US only offers it to you if you don't have any other means of supporting yourself. If you marry someone who has a decent job, they will use his income against you. If you're getting some type of state insurance program that is free to you then you would lose this as well as your standard of living should increase should you marry.