Communication

Do your ever feel that you can't talk with your spouse or significant other? Why or why not?

Sometimes I don't want to talk, because I know I'm in a bad mood and that I will argue. Sometimes I get crazy ideas and I don't want to tell them, because I know I will not think this way the next day. I think most of people feel this way.

• Like 1
  • Author

I find i hard to make a marriage work without communicating and .. I understand what you are saying Presario but how does that make things better in a relationship? I find talking it through and sharing what you are feeling is always better than bottling it up till you explode!!!

I understand what you are saying Presario but how does that make things better in a relationship?

Sometimes I'm just in a bad mood, and I don't want to spoil hers because something crossed my mind -- this would make my behavior erratic. Sometimes I even don't know why I feel grumpy, and only the next day I'm able to figure that out. Often it's because something went wrong at work, or other things that my wife can't help.

I find talking it through and sharing what you are feeling is always better than bottling it up till you explode!!!

If something bothers me again and again, I will tell my W about it eventually. Depending on the issue it takes from a few hours, days to months (a kind of grace period for figuring things out).

but not now. In the former marriage all discussions becameconfrontations and no matter what the subject, I was always considered wrong. After awhile I became confrontation adverse and simply shut down. The marriage died a natural death. The ex was narcissistic and always needed to be right, at leastin her mind.

My wife and I can and do talk about anything and everything. That was the basis for our five year friendship before I finally asked her out and is what keeps our relationship alive and well. We may not always agree but we always talk it through, compromise or simply agree to disagree. There is always some settlement or understanding and we don't let things fester. It works because we admire and respect one another. We also genuinely like one another.