inlawsssssssssssss what do i do ...

confused_girl

hi... well i recently moved from australia to the usa.. my job fell through and i ended up falling in love with a man and we decided that it would be easier to get married here then for me to go back home. Anyway... he suggested that i move in with his parents .. i live in the basement .. he sleeps with me but i felt bad as he is 26 and i am 24 i felt bad that i would be taking away his personal time from him. anyway we got married and his parents DO NOT know they are very traditional and they wouldnt understand we have not told them yet but she does know that we are planning too etc. thing is i am very unhappy at the moment....my husband goes to the gym 6 days a week fro,m 6-8pm and im often left sittin at the kitchen table with his parents ...then on certain nights he doesnt come home til 11 due to basketball. i understand that its his time but i have no friends and havent met anyone so basically i am under house arrest. His mother is kind to me but over baring sometimes and traditional... they dont like us using too much water in the house and i feel guilty every time i have one and they think that when i use the hairdryer i use too much electricity !!:( another problem is that my husband wants to spend time with his friends on the weekends cause he doesnt see them much which i understand but that also means me staying home alone down stairs watching tv.... i dont know what to do .. i mentioned how unhappy i was and he said to me we would have to live like this for two years until we could afford to have a wedding..and he warned me at first that this was going to be hard. I was also looking forward to his parents going away for 4 months and now they arent ..they go away every year..... and now they arent. I just feel like that my independence has been taken away....

please help with suggestions.....

go to the gym... get a job.. take a course at a comunity college.. start some hobbies.. itll make time fly faster. i live with my in laws and it can be rough- but remember.. living with anyone can be hard cos people are different. maybe u can tell them how u feel??

Wow. I really sympathize with you. I had to move my wife in with my parents for a good part of last year. It was a big mistake. If I could take anything in my life back for anything in the world, that would have been the event I would have wished to. It was horrible. My parents criticized everything she did. They would criticize her for staying in our room during the day and not coming out. She stayed there because she felt unaccepted by my folks!

Anyway, I hope you make some friends and get involved in some activities. Maybe get involved in a church somewhere or some type of activity. But, I would agree with the above. Don't let your circumstance define you.

You need to have some friends, too. Best of luck to you and your situation.