Opinions Please!!

I am reading a book that someone gave me and i have read about 5 chapters of this book and it is about making your marriage glorious and it says things in here that i do not agree with but the lady that gave it to me said i should read it and i may like it and may not well so i took it home and have been reading it mind you this is written by a woman that is married to her h for 34yrs and is happily married but she is happily married because she has lost her idenity as a women this is a book about being submissve to your h and forget about the rights of you.. Make your h happy and as long as he is everything will be fine !!! Here are some of the things she says to keep your marriage happy ...

After reading the things she has said give me your opinions to what you think... Do you agree with it or not?

Always smile ,laugh ,and giggle. she says to dance around the house and sing even when your not happy... Men are highly attracted to smiles.. You can be ugly and as long as you smile you can have a man 's attention...

If your man has cheated on you she says stand by your man and win your husband back do not humilate him by fighting and embarassing win him back he will respect you more and if you go and humilate him you can look foward to divorce and the slut has won him... She refers to Loretta Lynn song in Coal Miners Daughter You Ain't Women Enough to take my Man and wind him back and the way to do that with the tool of welfare and that is your loving ,kind ,delightful,radiant,adoring self..

I'm sorry but i don't agree with this woman about the cheating things i don't get why we can't go beat the crap out of him and the woman both lol .. It tells us in here it is our fault !! WTF .. It says that if we keep creative and agressive in our private and intimate times.. Keep him drained at home so he won't have any sexual need at work or anywhere else and won't be tempted.. Keep him feed well,emotionally and sexually her cooking won't tempt him !!!

It says most women don't think their husbands are worth it ...But is says that if a women is willing to forgive and win back her husband's affection she is winning more than his affection.. Once a man comes to his senses and sees how he came close to losing all that holds dear ,he will be profoundly thankful to the good woman who loved him through all his foolishness!!!! She will then win his respect as well as his love,because he will know that she is the kind of woman who will stand by her man!! It also says that to always remember that the day you stop smiling is the say you stop trying to make your marriage heavenly,and it is a the first day leading to divorce proceedings...

I do not agree with this because this is basically in my opinion is saying your man can cheat on you and it be ok as long as you stand by your man !! wtf

i am still reading this and am interested in seeing how it all turns out !!

I do not mean to offend you... or any person reading this......

Would this book happen to be based on religion or related to religion?

a4a

This book sounds like its written based on this particular womens experience. What may work for her may not work for anothers situation, guess it depends on the situation and the 2 people involved. Just my MO.

Jade

• Author
I do not mean to offend you... or any person reading this......

Would this book happen to be based on religion or related to religion?

a4a

Yes this is a christian based book quoting things out from the bible and it is called Created by his Help Meet how to make your marriage glorious ..

I do not agree with this because this is basically in my opinion is saying your man can cheat on you and it be ok as long as you stand by your man !! wtf

you may think this book is wrong but if you did the oppposite of what it told you would that work any better???

try frowning all the time, not giving your husband any sex, stop cooking and cleaning, and just be a general bytch. See how that works. :)

• Author
you may think this book is wrong but if you did the oppposite of what it told you would that work any better???

try frowning all the time, not giving your husband any sex, stop cooking and cleaning, and just be a general bytch. See how that works. :)

True i just don't think we have to lose ourself and put up a faults persona and not be the way we really are .. Almost being like a slave and doing what they want what about our needs being met!!

Yes this is a christian based book quoting things out from the bible and it is called Created by his Help Meet how to make your marriage glorious ..

typical IMHO view of some religious based marriage guides :sick:

....... interesting part to this....our wedding vows suggested by our "marrying dude" (rev.) included : the woman shall be meek, quiet and obey, the man shall provide shelter, affection ect.........

What the hell am I a damn dog? If I sit and behave when I am told he will feed and pet me?

Needless to say our vows involved respect, and marriage is a never ending work in progress....... top that off with lots more respect! I could never take such ideas serious in a book like that.

Does it read anything like the below link does?

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/goodwife.html

:lmao:

a4a

• Author
typical IMHO view of some religious based marriage guides :sick:

....... interesting part to this....our wedding vows suggested by our "marrying dude" (rev.) included : the woman shall be meek, quiet and obey, the man shall provide shelter, affection ect.........

What the hell am I a damn dog? If I sit and behave when I am told he will feed and pet me?

Needless to say our vows involved respect, and marriage is a never ending work in progress....... top that off with lots more respect! I could never take such ideas serious in a book like that.

Does it read anything like the below link does?

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/goodwife.html

:lmao:

a4a

roflmao!!:lmao:

Thanks for sharing the link and that is basically the way that women wants it what that liink says!!

lil moma,

My H busted his nuts laughing over that link, I printed it out and put it on the frig....... he said that if I ever acted like that on a regular basis he would toss my ass out the door!

Some men like to have strong women in their life. There is a huge difference between being considerate and thoughtful and being a submissive whore for your husband.....or partner.

IMHO of course.

a4a- eat this monkey boy

UGH. See, I have a problem with this.

Let's see Lilmoma, did you ask for this woman's opinion assistance about your H who won't fufill your wants for romance? Talk to her about that problem??

This is mindless dribble.

Why aren't there more books written about how the husband should treat the wife!!

Let's see Lilmoma, did you ask for this woman's opinion assistance about your H who won't fufill your wants for romance? Talk to her about that problem??

Why aren't there more books written about how the husband should treat the wife!!

Here! Here!! :bunny:

• Author

No i don't agree with this book at all sure would like to see a book how the h should treat us!!! I would like to ask her that if i could that would be interesting to know about the romance thing too!! Im still reading it and will let ya how it ends..

There probably are but by the same type of author :lmao:

The woman in your life will need and enjoy gifts such as new pot or pans to help her provide special meals for you.

She will enjoy that you have many interests outside the home and will appreciate your home time if you are abscent for longer periods of time. She wants to appreciate the time you spend with her, make sure it is minimal so she can be most satisfied with what time you allot her.

Surprise your wife by flirting with her female friends and relatives, this shows her that you are a real man and if others desire you she is the better female amongst them for being married to you.

This will boost her self esteem in the long run.

a4a- one day I will write a book

That was absolutely hysterical! I liked "be a little more gay." What are you supposed to have hot lesbian sex when he comes home?:lmao: Also I loved the one that said something about "even if he's out all night." WTF? :eek:

"Speak in a low and pleasant and soothing voice"

So are they saying when you kick him to the curb for staying out all night you should do it in a "low and pleasant and soothing voice"

Now, honey bunch, go pack up your things, oh no wait...I'm supposed to do that for you, and leave the house dear.:laugh:

• Author
lil moma,

My H busted his nuts laughing over that link, I printed it out and put it on the frig....... he said that if I ever acted like that on a regular basis he would toss my ass out the door!

Some men like to have strong women in their life. There is a huge difference between being considerate and thoughtful and being a submissive whore for your husband.....or partner.

IMHO of course.

a4a- eat this monkey boy

My h doesn't agree with this book at all but he does agree with the type of man she decribes he is The visionary man !! I will be telling you all about the types of man our h's will be when i get to that point !! He said he didn't agree with the book being so submissive that you lose the person you are !!!

The woman that wrote this book obviously feels its ok to be a doormat for her husband. He knows it as well, so naturally its gonna work to his benefit. She has obviously convinced herself that this way of living is beneficial to her as well. Someone should tell June Cleaver this anit the 50's no more. :p

Jade

She will enjoy that you have many interests outside the home

ahh, A4A, but what if one of those "interests" is banging other women?

• Author
The woman that wrote this book obviously feels its ok to be a doormat for her husband. He knows it as well, so naturally its gonna work to his benefit. She has obviously convinced herself that this way of living is beneficial to her as well. Someone should tell June Cleaver this anit the 50's no more. :p

Jade

Roflmao!! She is just a dumbass and needs to get a backbone!!

ahh, A4A, but what if one of those "interests" is banging other women?

According to the woman that wrote the book it matters not if her husband is out banging others, she is to put on a happy face, be merry and go about life as if nothing has happened. :rolleyes: Basically its saying that no matter what your husband does or what goes on in your marraige, as long as the WOMAN puts on a happy face, continues to meet her husbands needs etc etc, reguardless of what hers are, then all is well in the world. Thats just BS.

Jade

• Author
That was absolutely hysterical! I liked "be a little more gay." What are you supposed to have hot lesbian sex when he comes home?:lmao: Also I loved the one that said something about "even if he's out all night." WTF? :eek:

"Speak in a low and pleasant and soothing voice"

So are they saying when you kick him to the curb for staying out all night you should do it in a "low and pleasant and soothing voice"

Now, honey bunch, go pack up your things, oh no wait...I'm supposed to do that for you, and leave the house dear.:laugh:

roflmao!! :lmao: sounds like it but i say she has lost her marbles !!

According to the woman that wrote the book it matters not if her husband is out banging others, she is to put on a happy face, be merry and go about life as if nothing has happened. :rolleyes:

Jade

Why of course it is ok if he is getting his knob polished elsewhere!

He is simply soothing himself because of his stressful work life!

Also he is doing you a favor by learning to be a more confident and skilled

sexual partner.....

Golly, I sure can't wait to read this book. Jeepers seems like it is just full of great advice to keep your dreamy husband satisfied.

a4a

• Author
According to the woman that wrote the book it matters not if her husband is out banging others, she is to put on a happy face, be merry and go about life as if nothing has happened. :rolleyes: Basically its saying that no matter what your husband does or what goes on in your marraige, as long as the WOMAN puts on a happy face, continues to meet her husbands needs etc etc, reguardless of what hers are, then all is well in the world. Thats just BS.

Jade

That i do not agree with but in the book that is what basically she says !!! I DON'T THINK SO !! So i guess we are to lose our identity and be a door mat and do what we can to serve our man whether we are happy or not !! F*** that!!

According to the woman that wrote the book it matters not if her husband is out banging others, she is to put on a happy face, be merry and go about life as if nothing has happened. :rolleyes:

But in some cultures and societies it is accepted that certain married men are going to fool around. They think of it as "the way men are". It is a very logical way of thinking. In South America it is accepted that some men are going to have mistresses. Especially rich and powerful men. And as long as their home life (wife + kiddies) are not negative impacted it is OK for them to keep one or two mistresses on the side for fun and pleasure. Personally, I see nothing wrong with that. :)

Thats just BS.

well JADE, we all cannot have everythign and we need to be realistic and objective. and we need to take human nature into account. we need practicality here.

Why of course it is ok if he is getting his knob polished elsewhere!

He is simply soothing himself because of his stressful work life!

Also he is doing you a favor by learning to be a more confident and skilled

sexual partner.....

Golly, I sure can't wait to read this book. Jeepers seems like it is just full of great advice to keep your dreamy husband satisfied.

a4a

LOL :laugh: Let me adjust my artsy scarf for ya. :p

But in some cultures and societies it is accepted that certain married men are going to fool around. They think of it as "the way men are". It is a very logical way of thinking. In South America it is accepted that some men are going to have mistresses. Especially rich and powerful men. And as long as their home life (wife + kiddies) are not negative impacted it is OK for them to keep one or two mistresses on the side for fun and pleasure. Personally, I see nothing wrong with that. :)

well JADE, we all cannot have everythign and we need to be realistic and objective. and we need to take human nature into account. we need practicality here.

So do you agree with this book alpha? Also I understand what you're saying in some cultures. However her culture is Christanity. I know many Christians, and this is not the way they live their life. Sure it may come across as me knocking the woman for how she feels her life is, and thats not my intention however, when people write books maybe they should put on the front cover, "WARNING, this is a book for people that should be submissive and do whatever our husbands tell us."