Question for males out there......with children

Just curious how many of you men out there are working a full time or more job while your wife/SO stays home to raise the children?

Of those men out there how many of you have sore feelings about the situatuion and why?

Do you ever get jealous of the situation and let it come out on your family?

Just curious I work 8hr a wk while my SO works 50/60 wks, I have my son all wk except the 9 hr a wk he is in school, and sometimes I can feel him recenting me for it.

Married, two kids, and my wife has been at home since the beginning. I don't wish it any different for now. We both had the same feelings on raising our children with Mom at home. That is how we both grew up. We didn't want daycare raising our children in the early years. You know, our fiist was born and we were pretty broke, she got put on bedrest and off we went in to 1 worker (4 years now). That time was hard as we had to sacrifice a lot of pleasureable things but we made it and had some good ol' family fun too. Now our second child was born a few months ago and our finacial situation has improved significantly so it is not so hard.

The thing with me is, I want her to try and improve her education and keep focus on the future because she does want to work again when both kids get to elementary school (5 more years).. My fear is she will not know what to do. It is hard for her to get motivated to do anything else but the MOMMY..

Being a SAHM is a very hard thing to do, I could not stay home with a 3 yr old and a baby all day 5 days a week, it would drive me insane. She keeps a great home for us, always clean and organised, my clothes are done for me and she cooks a few nights. I do help at night, dishes, bathtime, bedtime and so on.

If she took advantage, meaning, lazy, selfish, kids not being taken care properly, then I would have a problem but that is not the case.

Silly

Depends on how hot she is...

Seriously, my ex was a great human being, very kind and easy going. A little too easy going. I ended up spending most of my college money on her so she could stay home with our daughter, which I was proud and happy to do, and in the course of 12 years together, she only worked 3.

Generally speaking, some people just are not ambitious and can allow mundane, not terribly taxing activities to fill their time. She was terrible at cleaning (I did most of it), rarely cooked anything other than microwave food, did laundry -- wait, I did the laundry, and proceeded to gain in excess of 150 lbs.

Won't do it again. I won't take on someone who becomes almost an invalid other than for fun things like birthday parties and Christmas gifts.

• Author

thank you guys for your replies.

Unfortunatly sense we are not giving real names here:

Cecelius: my situation sounds alittle more like yours, not to that extent I did plenty around the house when we were living together (current living in seperate places) but forgot everything other than mommy. I did gain weight, and got pretty lazy.

In our SAHM defense, its pretty hard to do the same things everyday. Not really complaining I wounldn't trade my time with my son for anything and I am very greatfull I get to spend this time with him.

I just don't think my SO understands that yes he works hard very hard physically but I would love for some morning to just be able to wake up get only myself ready and head out the door for breakfast and work, not to have to worry about who will babysit, who will make the beds, do clothes, go shopping for dinner, make dinner, clean up and in the middle of that occupy a 3 1/2 yr old boy; feed, bath, dress, play, clean up, lunch, play, and a few time outs. I would love for one day have all of those things be worried about by someone esle while I went to work, came home ate dinner (that is already sitting on table), s***, showered, probably not shave, and sit on the couch expecting a foot rub because I worked so hard all day.

I just wish we could both understand each other better.

sorry just needed to rant I guess, back to the original Q? at hand and thanks again.