How long did you date before marriage?

Just a question for all you marrieds out there. How long did you and your husband/wife date before getting married? Or, if you're not married, what do you think is the appropriate amount of time?

You hear so many different stories. My younger brother is getting married this summer to his girlfriend of four years. They have lived together for the past two years and will both be 22 when they get married.

My H and I dated 17 months b4 we got M. I honestly think I should of waited another year b4 making that big of a step into M. I was only 22 when I got M, I wish I would of waited until I was at least 25 but that is my personal choice, everyone is going to have different opinions and feelings on how soon they want to get M.

I went a training called "Characteristics of a Happy, Healthy M and family" and the women doing the training said that couples should date for "four seasons" meaning a year b4 they decide on M.

slubberdegullion

6 years before marrying wife #1.

4 years before marrying wife #2.

Both marriages collapsed.

"The next time I feel like getting married, I'm just going to find a woman I don't like and buy her a house instead" - Rod Stewart

"The next time I feel like getting married, I'm just going to find a woman I don't like and buy her a house instead" - Rod Stewart

Rod Stewart's fiancee gave birth yesterday. I wonder if she got a house? ;-)

My fiance and I have been dating 5 years and will be getting married before we reach the 6 year mark. We will both be 27.

Husband and I "dated" for 6 months, but knew each other for 1 year.

I arranged a no strings attached relationship with him (weekends only :) ) then next thing I know we got hitched. WTF? :lmao:

Both in late 30s :eek: first marriage for both. You would think at this age I would know better! :p

a4a

Heavenlyflower9

Husband and I are High School Sweethearts! Together almost 13 years now. We dated for 3 years before we got married. Couple of rocky roads but still going strong!