Attractive wife and coping

AlmostMarried77

OK - first off forget my name, I am actually married now, I should have picked something less temporally placed as my handle on this site :D

And now to the problem: My wife is attractive, like the sort of attractive where I'm VERY conscious of other guys checking her out. Some guys almost make a fool of themselves trying to either get a good look or hoping that she notices them. (EG one guy in Burger King who almost fell over himself trying to open a door for her, should have seen his face fall when he clocked me holding her hand.)

I know and I’m used to her getting a lot of male attention. Usually I’m pretty blasé about the whole thing cause I know she is not going to go and do something stupid. I also know that she makes it clear that she’s attached. However she’s still only young (21) so sometimes she can literally lap up the attention. And as for her flirting male friends: I see them mostly as a bunch of hangers-on, glad to have an attractive female friend. So not really a threat ;)

So generally I’m generally pretty ok with it; just sometimes it gets up my nose and leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth, especially when she’s acting a bit more receptive to it.

How do you other guys in a similar situation deal with this?

I know that confronting her would be stupid, pointless, counter productive and result in her thinking that I don’t trust her and possibly take that spring out of her step for a while. However, sitting back and doing nothing has never really been something that keeps me happy.

Kiss an angel good morning and love her like the devil when you get back home. If that ain`t good enough for her then so be it. It is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. Be thankful for the one time in your life you had a perfect 10.

We all liked to be looked at and desired by others. Married, in a relationship or single. It's part of human nature!

She is with you, and only you. You wake up with her everyday, not the gawking guy, envious of you and wishing it were him ... Smile and just appreciate what you have infront of you!

There is no reason to distrust her, right? If it really does bother you, then tell her to tone it down abit - But the thing is, I bet that is who she is and probably one of the things you love most about her? If that is the case, accept it or definately talk to her. Don't make a huge issue out of it unless she isn't willing to listen to you.

How do you other guys in a similar situation deal with this?

I am unable to discern any reason to be insecure about the relationship, so with a view to that, I would be eating it up! Smiling & thinking "Yeah Baby!!"

I know that confronting her would be stupid, pointless, counter productive and result in her thinking that I don’t trust her and possibly take that spring out of her step for a while. However, sitting back and doing nothing has never really been something that keeps me happy.

You're right. That's exactly what would happen.

Any concerns, anxieties, etc. should be discussed calmly, in a non-confrontational manner. Explain how things make you feel, & give her a chance to assure you that you have nothing to worry about.

Meanwhile, do not let a day pass where you don't let her know how much you love & cherish her.

It's not her fault, and who doesn't enjoy being admired? As long as you never forget to let her know how you feel about her, it shouldn't be a problem. She picked you, after all. Hold your head up high and be proud of your beautiful gal! Don't turn into the crazy, protective guy, that will be embarassing for her and you. She is obviously happy with you.

• Author
AlmostMarried77

The other night was one of those times when i was getting up my nose a bit ;)

I do love my wife totally and i let her know that as often as I can with out coming over too strong.

Anyway, we've had the discussion now... she actually admitted to doing some of it on purpose to make me feel jealous :p Her actual words being - "sometimes we do love making our men jealous." She said some other stuff about how she feels about me and especially how she felt when she realised i was getting a bit jealous... it's all good stuff that i don't need to repeat here :o

I might have posted a bit too hastily on this one :rolleyes:

And thanks for the replies!!