Separate Beds?

I was wondering about couples sleeping together. Does everyone sleep in the same bed? Or do some couples manage fine (I don't want to make matters worse) sleeping apart.

If someone has any advice, I would like to know how you handled it.

Side Note: Was wondering because my husband snores very houd and takes up the whole bed. I don't have much room on my side. It takes me a long time to fall asleep.

Before you kick it elsewhere...

What have you done in order to resolve the problem in a different way?

Maybe try buying some of that snore stop... It has worked for some. As for bed room... Try king sizing it?

Anyhow, talk it out with your husband. Depending upon his sensitivity he'll react to it well, or not well. Base your decision upon that.

slubberdegullion
Some people who snore very loudly have sleep apnea. You might want to get him checked for that - it's a dangerous condition.

Outcast has it exactly right. There are devices - one is called a CPAP machine - that can be used to alleviate the condition, and the added benefit is that your hub will feel 100% better in the morning. So will you!

My husband and I went through a long time when we actually had seperate bedrooms. My husband has sleep apnea and snored very loud and I am a light sleeper. He has taken several sleep tests and had his adnoids, tonsils removed and also lost a little weight. He no longer snores and when we moved houses we had 1 less bedroom so we had no choice but to sleep together. I do suggest he get tested because it can be dangerous. My H said he would often catch himself falling asleep on the drive home. SCARY.

Good Luck....I do have to admit though when hes gone and I have the bed to myself I luv it!!!

My grandparents were married for 68 years before my grandfather passed away and they never slept in the same bed.

even after 2 kids

They alway's slept in the same room though.. Just different beds.

• Author

I think you could be right. I'll ask him to talk to his doctor about this. I have noticed that some nights he sounded like he took a breath and then nothing, after about 10 seconds he took another breath. I wonder if this is why he is so tired lately? Thanks again, I think he should be tested.