My H is mad at me...how immature is this?

It was my bday yest. H was nice and bought me a cake at the bakery (even though he is always saying I need to loose weight all the time, WTF is up w/ that?).

After we got off work he wanted to run to the sports store and then we went to eat. We spent about a half an hour in the store. Well, by the time we got home it was 5:30 and I needed to leave the house by 6:00 as I am on a bowling league. Unfortunately my bday fell on a bowling night and I didn't want to miss my night of bowling b/c I just started. I figured we could celebrate my bday this weekend. My H has played golf on his bday and hasn't came home until late, it's been that way for 13 years.

After we got done bowling my teammates bought me a beer so we stayed and had a few. I got home at 1:00 am and my H was pissed when we got up this morning. He said he threw my cake in the trash and said he was never going to do that for me again since I came home so late and didn't have any w/ him and our kids. So I look and sure enough, it's in the trash still in the box.

If we didn't spend so much time in that damn sports shop we would of had more time to have a piece of stupid cake b4 I had to go bowling. Now I feel like he was pissed I even went bowling and didn't stay home w/ him and the kids to eat cake. It's ok for him to go play golf on his bdays and not get home late but I can't? I have put up w/ his sports and being gone a lot for 13 years and when I finally do something I enjoy I get my a$$ ripped for staying out so late! He is acting like an immature baby. Right now I don't even feel like looking at him let alone talking to him. He needs to grow the F up. He is a 40 yo man acting like a 2 yo boy.

Our family has always let each other know where we were going and when we would be back. This idea may work for you. For me, it's a form of respect

Your husband may feel that you chose your friends on your b'day instead of your family.

OTOH, if your husband has been away on his b'day and has stayed out into the next morning, I can understand why you are confused by his anger.

I think both of you need to have a serious talk about what each expects of the other - and not just on special occasions.