Woman’s pants in our car

I have no idea how to handle this. And no idea what to think

My wife and I regular a second living location for work. We always travel there together. We have a place to stay when there, and a rental car.

Yesterday, I took the day off to hang out with my young daughter (from an earlier marriage, but who gets along amazingly with my wife). I spent the day with my daughter until we picked up my wife at her work and drove home to park in the parking garage of our place to stay. We went back upstairs together. Once we got upstairs I realized I forgot my phone, ran back down the elevator, came right back up realizing I forgot the car keys upstairs, wife heard me resented and exit again, ran back down the elevator to parking, opened car to get phone and went back the elevator. Total 3-5 minutes from leaving to back on the couch.

This morning my kids and I drove my wife to work. She was in the passenger seat. When she got to work and went to get out she saw gym pants on the floor of the passengers side seat. WomanÂ’s small. And socks. The socks were the same brand I wear, and at that immediate time looked like mine. She asked what the ****. I had no answers.

She took the pants with her. Later in the day told me not to let any women in the car with size S pants. I was pissed. She left the socks. I looked and saw that while the brand was similar to mine, the style wasnÂ’t so they are not mine.

I picked her up later in the day. She told me ‘I left your pants at work’. I told her they were not mine, and either were the socks. She asked that again later on the socks when we got home. When we got in, I told her that I have no clue how they got there. She said she believes me more now that she knows it’s not my socks (she brought them inside to compare).

So I donÂ’t know what to think. I am so mad she could feel that way, but also so concerned that deeds of doubt are in her head none the less. It sucks.

CautiouslyOptimistic

Well, you can understand why she'd feel that way, I'm sure.....but who the hell is leaving their clothes in your car?? lol

• Like 2

Let us remove one possibility. Is it possible that you left the car unlocked and it was used for an impromptu rendezvous by some local teenagers?

Do the clothes belong to your daughter?

Is there any video surveillance available where your car is parked?

Maybe the clothes were under the seat and got pulled out when people exited the car.

I'm not sure why you noticed this in the morning but not in the evening.

Is your wife a practical joker?

• Like 1
  • Author

Best I can figure is that I left the car unlocked. Wouldn’t be the first time. No chance of the teens idea. Locked underground garage. And wasn’t a mess. Neatly folded like they were someone’s clothes to go to the gym later.

I thought maybe they slid out from under the seat when hitting breaks, but unlikely since folded. I think more likely I left the car unlocked and someone put them in the wrong car. There are a number of corporate apartments in the building and so lots of rental cars.

I never thought about security cameras. I may ask security about that.

Thanks for the advice.

CautiouslyOptimistic

Or did the clothes fall out of HER bag???? Hmmmmmmm.......the plot thickens.....

• Author
Let us remove one possibility. Is it possible that you left the car unlocked and it was used for an impromptu rendezvous by some local teenagers?

Do the clothes belong to your daughter?

Is there any video surveillance available where your car is parked?

Maybe the clothes were under the seat and got pulled out when people exited the car.

I'm not sure why you noticed this in the morning but not in the evening.

Is your wife a practical joker?

And that was my comment to her too. That she was the last one in that seat, when I was driving.

• Author
Best I can figure is that I left the car unlocked. Wouldn’t be the first time. No chance of the teens idea. Locked underground garage. And wasn’t a mess. Neatly folded like they were someone’s clothes to go to the gym later.

I thought maybe they slid out from under the seat when hitting breaks, but unlikely since folded. I think more likely I left the car unlocked and someone put them in the wrong car. There are a number of corporate apartments in the building and so lots of rental cars.

I never thought about security cameras. I may ask security about that.

Thanks for the advice.

Eff, don’t even get me started. She has an ex in the building. We have been here a month and I told her to point him out to me or show me a pic before we randomly run into him. Who do we see for the first time coming from the garage to the elevators as we are on our way to our car to drive her to work this morning, but him. Fun stuff.

Are the pants her size -- or his size? Are they women's pants or girl's pants? Could they be men's pants? Look at what size hers are in underwear as well as gym shorts.

This reads like...help! I've been busted, good explanations please.:rolleyes:

I'm gonna go with the entirely plausible 'a teenager put clothes in my car out of the clear blue.'

Good luck!

• Like 3
Eff, don’t even get me started. She has an ex in the building. We have been here a month and I told her to point him out to me or show me a pic before we randomly run into him. Who do we see for the first time coming from the garage to the elevators as we are on our way to our car to drive her to work this morning, but him. Fun stuff.

You seem to have a theory as to what really happened. Why not share it with us?

Perhaps they're some of your wife's old possessions when she was dating him. He came across them and, knowing it was her car, stuck them in there?

Mr. Lucky

Edited by Mr. Lucky
  • Like 1

Or maybe she is seeing another gal on the sly.

Don’t think it’s odd - it happens here often enough to suggest it.

Easy for her to blame you too - so it diverts attention off of her.

• Like 1

I have no clue what the real story is here, but I have to tell you - in your wife's place I would have a really hard time not thinking you were up to something. Just as you surely would if you found men's clothes that weren't yours in a car she had been driving.

• Like 2
This morning my kids and I drove my wife to work. She was in the passenger seat. When she got to work and went to get out she saw gym pants on the floor of the passengers side seat. WomanÂ’s small. And socks. The socks were the same brand I wear, and at that immediate time looked like mine. She asked what the ****. I had no answers.

Some woman was abducted, the pants and socks are all that is left. They dumped the evidence in your car hoping it would be driven away with far from the crime scene.

Turn them into the police. They can identify the owner with DNA if you don't wash them. Let them know as close as possible when they were found and exactly where you were parked,...maybe there will be street cameras that picked something up.

• Like 1
  • Author
You seem to have a theory as to what really happened. Why not share it with us?

Perhaps they're some of your wife's old possessions when she was dating him. He came across them and, knowing it was her car, stuck them in there?

Mr. Lucky

No, no theory. I just meant that the coincidence was too much to ignor in the moment when your head races, but the possibility is impossible given the timing. Just making comment on how the mind races though.

To answer the other question, the size was neither hers or my daughters. An adult woman’s small. There is no ‘busted’ about it. Even my wife can’t understand the ‘how’ given she sat there last. Going to go the security camera route to check on that.

• Like 1

I really don't think it's possible to have a tryst in the car and then forget your PANTS, lol. Panties, sure. Pants??? Wouldn't you realize that after the first 3 or so people stare at you on your way out??? :lmao:

• Like 1
  • Author
I really don't think it's possible to have a tryst in the car and then forget your PANTS, lol. Panties, sure. Pants??? Wouldn't you realize that after the first 3 or so people stare at you on your way out??? :lmao:

Agree. No chance of that. It was folder and the socks balled up together like it was fresh laundry. Like i said, almost as if someone we putting their gym clothes in the car for later.

Anyway, wife believes me, but it still is getting under my skin because I know how similar things would still sit in the back of my own mind. Thinking of putting up a sign on the parking lot bulletin board as well asking if anyone lost gym clothes....of all the effing things to but heads over.

Beendaredonedat

If its a rental car, the clothes could very well belong to the previous renter and you just didn't notice them until they slipped out from underneath the seat... or were they actually on the seat when you first noticed them?

• Like 1
  • Author
If its a rental car, the clothes could very well belong to the previous renter and you just didn't notice them until they slipped out from underneath the seat... or were they actually on the seat when you first noticed them?

On the floor, and dark pants, so completely possible.

• Like 1
Beendaredonedat
On the floor, and dark pants, so completely possible.

Then I'm going with: They belong to the previous renter.

Case Closed! *bangs gravel* :D

• Like 1

I found a pair of ladies knickers in my husbands car once, turned out they belonged to a friend up the road who we'd picked up a week earlier and taken her to the pool for a swim. They got dropped on the way home as she was still in her bathing suit.

CautiouslyOptimistic
Then I'm going with: They belong to the previous renter.

Case Closed! *bangs gravel* :D

I agree. I missed the part about it being a rental car. Good detective work!

• Like 2
I missed the part about it being a rental car.

I once had a flat in a rental on a long, lonely stretch of deserted road. This was in the pre-cell phone days, IIRC correctly I had a pager at the time.

Anyway, lifted the trunk floorboard to get the spare, stuck my hand in the well and pulled out men's pajamas and a women's babydoll set. Both eventually came in handy when I had to wipe the road and tire dust off my pants and hands.

I don't think they go over the returned vehicles with a fine tooth comb...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 2
CautiouslyOptimistic

I don't think they go over the returned vehicles with a fine tooth comb...

Last summer while I was on a girls' trip my friends found weed in their rental car!

Turning point
Last summer while I was on a girls' trip my friends found weed in their rental car!

...and the rental office is confused because, the source of their unusually high referral rate doesn't show up in customer surveys. :)

• Like 1