Do you remember the first movie you ever saw with your husband or wife?

I do. It's on TV right now. Brings back so many memories of which 99% are good. Nostalgia. We are divorced now.

Do you remember the first movie you ever saw with your husband/wife?

Yeah, makes me feel old. 1992 Hand that rocked the cradle, she actually wanted to watch it again that same day...so we did. Made out the whole second time so well worth the money.

• Like 1

We went to a matinee for the movie Trainwreck. We were out and about and thought we'd catch a much hyped comedy.

While waiting for the movie to start I glance at people walking in and my ex boyfriend from high school, his wife (who I have met) and their 8 yr. old son walk in and take their seats.

When the movie was over, I grabbed my now husband and giddyuped to the car. No way, no how was I going to look those two in the face after I knew what their son had just witnessed.

• Like 1

in 1993 me and my ex-wife saw a movie called The Piano starring Holly Hunter. I remember not likeing the movie cause it was a typical lame chick flick. The lame movie sort of set the tone for the next three and a half years.

Happy Lemming

A while back, I do remember renting a movie on VHS for a woman I ended up dating for about 5 years. It was the first movie we saw together.

It was "Bio-Dome" with Pauly Shore. Not one of my better choices for movie viewing.

I don't remember the first movie I saw with my current girlfriend. It must not have been memorable.

1992, first date movie Buffy the Vampire Slayer. And yes, we watched the series too

• Like 1

On our second date during June 1996, which was in the evening after work following our first date at lunchtime. My wife and I saw Trainspotting and both of us loved that film and still do today.

• Like 1
@Alpha, my hubby says The Piano was the worst movie he's ever seen

I couldn't get through the first 10 mins of The Piano. Zero stars.

agreed, zero stars

The Outlaw

Not wife, but my ex, if you can call her that. We went to see 'The Fault in our Stars', July 5th, 2014. I wasn't paying attention to the movie. I was enamored with her at the time, thinking how I just couldn't believe my luck. But thank god it didn't work out. In the end, it was a waste of time.

Not wife, but my ex, if you can call her that. We went to see 'The Fault in our Stars', July 5th, 2014. I wasn't paying attention to the movie. I was enamored with her at the time, thinking how I just couldn't believe my luck. But thank god it didn't work out. In the end, it was a waste of time.

sorry to hear that outlaw

pepperbird

I don't remember the first movie we saw together, as we were in uni. and watching a movie in a freind's dorm room. We we three sheets to the wind, but I do remember it was some dumbass romcom.

The next night, we watched Akira. It's still one of may favourite movies.

• Like 1

Sadly I don't. I think it was The Pursuit of Happyness circa 2006; Will Smith played a homeless single father trying to become a stock broker. I didn't really like the movie.

For some reason DH & I haven't seen that many movies together in the theater. We mostly go to the movies when we have to spend a lot of time with his family; that way we don't have to talk to them. :rolleyes:

The movie was "The Way We Were." She was in tears at the end which I found endearing and amusing at the same time.

mark clemson

Whatever movie it was, it's been 22 years, so no don't remember.

Do remember the first time we had sex though. So at least there's that. :p

Art_Critic

I can't remember the movie but the tickets are on the fridge for the movie we saw the night we first had sex when we were dating :laugh:

Been there for 12+ years now....

• Like 1
eleanorrigby

We ditched school, caught a bus to Hollywood and saw Crossroads at Graumans Chinese Theater (I refuse to call it Manns). I loved it and it's still one of my favorite movies, but he was bored until Eugene opened his bag of tricks, I heard him suck in air in shock and he blurted out "Steve Vai!" I said "who?!" and he shushed me so he could watch. :laugh:

The end is the only part of the movie he likes or remembers.

^^ This is still one of the most amazing guitar scenes on film. I still get chills over it. Steve Vai is incredible.

Edited by eleanorrigby
eleanorrigby
Sadly I don't. I think it was The Pursuit of Happyness circa 2006; Will Smith played a homeless single father trying to become a stock broker. I didn't really like the movie.

olleyes:

I did not like that movie one bit either! I hated how they made the wife look like the bad guy in that movie. Pissed me off. She was right to be angry and fed up with him. That stupid movie still pisses me off.

georgia girl

It was either Food, Inc, or 20 Feet From Stardom. Both are documentaries. We are boring that way. ?

Happy Lemming

I asked my present girlfriend about the first movie we saw together, she thinks I rented "Throw Momma from the train". My girlfriend was wanting a soda and told me to put some ice in it. For some reason, my brain started reciting lines from this movie. My girlfriend hadn't seen it, so I had to rent it. Anne Ramsey's performance is outstanding!! Here is the soda clip...

I did not like that movie one bit either! I hated how they made the wife look like the bad guy in that movie. Pissed me off. She was right to be angry and fed up with him. That stupid movie still pisses me off.

Unfortunately the mother was/is pretty worthless. The story was true and she just walked away. Ok I get her being over the husband but how do you just walk away from your child.

To this day the son doesn't have a relationship with his mother.

The Outlaw
sorry to hear that outlaw

Thanks, but I'm way better off. She was stringing me along.