My husband rocks

Wallysbears

I haven't had the chance to go to the salon and get my hair colored.

I'm 40. I have grey hairs. It is what it is.

We were grocery shopping the other day and I said, "pick a color, I need to dye my hair, the grey is out of control"

He picked "Brilliant Bordeaux" which is like an auburn red. And then tonight, he dyed my hair for me.

Yes, my husband that is like the ultimate "man's man" broke out directions and dyed my hair for me. (Granted, he learned how from his Mom...she used to run a beauty shop side business) He's also used a curling iron to curl the back of my hair before on nights when we were going out and I didn't have time to go to a salon and get it styled.

Can I just say how freaking amazing it is to have a manly man, amazing husband that ALSO does these sort of things for me?

All our years together. Marriage. Toddler. Dealing with an elderly parent living with us. And he still makes my heart melt and makes me swoon like a school girl. He's not just a "masculine" rock that holds this family together and provides for us....he comes out of left field with the ability to color and curl hair.

Still not sure how I got so lucky to call him mine. But I'll spend the rest of my days on this earth showing him how much I appreciate that he is.

Marriage is awesome.

• Like 7
  • Author
Wallysbears

I cherish it every day. And try to spoil him just as much as he spoils me.

He gets up super early for work - like 3-4am on the days that he works. He finds his clothes for the day laid out and a lunch packed waiting for him. I try to time dinner so that it is hot & ready to eat when he gets home.

I appreciate him and god, I love him. He's my rock. My shelter in a storm. My best and truest confidant. My stronger half.

And he loves me. For me. Warts and bumps and grey hairs and all.

We're lucky...and we realize it.

• Like 3

Awesome post! The best part about this is that you are aware of how much you appreciate your situation and are taking the time to recognize it. This makes it that much better.

Too often we spend too much time looking around the next corner and don’t stop and breath and live in the moment enough to appreciate the goodness of what we have.

WELL DONE FOR CALLING THIS OUT!!

Happy Lemming
I am my wife's colorist. Nothing to it.

Hmmmm red huh :cool:

I color my girlfriend's hair, basically to save money.

She was a little nervous the first time, but I read the directions and watched a youtube video and everything went well.

The first time I dyed her hair, I didn't have a long handle comb to section her hair, so I dug around in my tool box and found a long thin screwdriver. And it worked like a charm (after cleaning it up a bit). I then ordered the proper comb off of ebay.

We tried red and she didn't really like it. We eventually found a dark blonde color that fits her perfectly.

I have some old T-shirts we both wear and an old chair, just in case there is some dye that gets away.

I also trim her split ends. Once a year, she goes and gets a good cut from a hair stylist, but during the interim I keep it cut for her. I've not heard any complaints about the dye job or cuts and she looks GREAT!

I have saved her a lot of money, with our DIY hair care.

• Like 2

I'm happy that you're happy. But if it were me, I'd have been happier if the husband had said, "Sweetie, you don't need to hide your gray hairs. You are absolutely beautiful the way you are, and I love growing old with you." Like my husband does. ?

• Author
Wallysbears
I'm happy that you're happy. But if it were me, I'd have been happier if the husband had said, "Sweetie, you don't need to hide your gray hairs. You are absolutely beautiful the way you are, and I love growing old with you." Like my husband does. ?

Oh, he could care less about the grey. I'm the one that wants it dyed because I'm not ready to be a silver fox yet! :lmao:

I love that your husband says that to you, though. That's awesome!

• Like 1
Happy Lemming
I'm the one that wants it dyed because I'm not ready to be a silver fox yet! :lmao:

My girlfriend hates her grey hair!! But thanks to "Nice & Easy" by Clairol... problem solved. :)

I can tell you that's a hard thing to convince your wife of. I've dyed her hair but it doesn't last as long. Around September she finally said to hell with it and started going grey. It actually looks really good though. It's kind of bright grey. She's 41 but has been fighting grey hair since early to mid 20's. I still haven't figured out if the part that looks sexy is the hair or the confidence that goes with saying to hell with dying my hair. Either way I like it.

loversquarrel

Those are the things that matter in the end, the little things that we do for each other. I have that with my wife and i won't let it go. Ever.

HadMeOverABarrel

The first time I dyed her hair, I didn't have a long handle comb to section her hair, so I dug around in my tool box and found a long thin screwdriver.

^^^^This cracked me up!

• Like 2
He's a keeper for sure! See men,how little it really takes to make a woman happy?

She also appreciates it which is pretty rare. OP I have a really happy marriage as well but you and I are part of a rare club.

So sweet! I love when a man's not afraid to show that side of him.

H DIY'ed my bridal veil for me. :love: We didn't have to DIY it, but he had an idea and wanted to see it through! :laugh: