LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Marriage & Life Partnerships

Am I being overly sensitive or is my marriage in trouble?

Marriage & Life Partnerships Debunking the old-ball-and-chain stereotype one couple at a time.

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th April 2019, 7:33 PM   #31
Established Member

Well-handled, and good call on doing it during a walk too. It would have kept your heads clear and also avoided body language that could have given off vibes of offence and defence.
emeraldgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2019, 7:45 PM   #32

I came away from our talk feeling much better about our relationship and ability to handle things like this.

I make the point of saying, next time let me know before you decide to meet with a divorced guy. She acknowledged this and simply pointed out that she didn't know that he was going through a divorce until she met with him. He was married when they worked together and was terminated by their company. She then told me about the meeting and mentioned that he was divorced or going through a divorce. Which, upon reflection, I realized was the case.

She asked me about reading her emails but seemed to understand, given the circumstances.

Overall, she was very cool about the whole thing and seemed to understand that I only did it because I was concerned and really care about us. I even told her about using an online forum for feedback on the matter and she asked if I was going to update everyone about the outcome.

She might have been a little amused by the whole thing. I'm relieved that it's off my shoulders. Trust is key. You can't know everything. People need a little space. I learned a lot from the whole event.

Thanks for everyone's help. I look forward to helping others on this forum and am glad not put so much energy into this any longer ... or until the next issue, should and when it arises.
warwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2019, 11:36 PM   #33
Established Member

Glad it turned out well. There can be a little bit of marital McCarthyism on this site, some posters see an OM lurking under every bed. Good thing you had the open lines of communication, not every couple does...

Mr. Lucky

Eleanor Roosevelt
Mr. Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2019, 12:49 PM   #34

I get it. For every potential OM in a relationship there's a OW lurking in the shadows It comes with the territory of managing these long term relationships I guess.

It wasn't lost on me that when I told my wife at the beginning of our walk that I had something that I wanted to talk to her about, one of her first questions was, "did you have an affair?". WOW!

We clearly need have some active communication to do.
warwick is offline   Reply With Quote