LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Marriage & Life Partnerships

Trouble brewing?

Marriage & Life Partnerships Debunking the old-ball-and-chain stereotype one couple at a time.

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th March 2019, 2:30 AM   #16
Established Member

I kinda get where you're coming from. I was married to a woman similar to yours and I had to tread a fine line of being emotionally available but also not legitimising every silly thought that popped into her head by apologising or trying to work it out when there was nothing legitimate to warrant her paranoia. In the end, her woe is me shtick was too much and I wasn't interested in pandering.
emeraldgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 7:58 AM   #17

Its been a week or two since my last post and its been a bit of a ride to say the least.

3 weeks ago our boiler sprung a leak and needed replacing, I think this together with the lack of work I am experiencing at the moment and a few other niggles caused my wife to shut down and she suffered a breakdown.

It took a few days to recognise the symptoms and get her to a doctor and a few more days for the drugs to take effect but she is well on the way to recovery now.

However whilst she was ill she kept mentioning the fact that I would be upset if I found out that she had had an affair, not suspicions that I had an affair but rather that she had. When she started feeling better I asked her ab out this, she said she knew what she was saying she didn't understand why she was saying as she's never had an affair.

Part of the breakdown was due to he feelings of inadequacy in almost every aspect of her life, partnering me, child rearing, work and her general over view of herself. No matter how much I reassure her she is loved and doing a good job she just feels crap about everything.

Hopefully she will now take up the counselling she is being offered to try and get better!
Whatsname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:51 AM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsname View Post
3 weeks ago our boiler sprung a leak and needed replacing, I think this together with the lack of work I am experiencing at the moment and a few other niggles caused my wife to shut down and she suffered a breakdown.
Unless you're the master of understatement, none of the above explains a mental breakdown.

Could your wife be abusing prescription or street drugs? I'd guess there's more to the story...

Mr. Lucky

Eleanor Roosevelt
Mr. Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote