LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Marriage & Life Partnerships

I have an admirer and husband is unhappy.

Marriage & Life Partnerships Debunking the old-ball-and-chain stereotype one couple at a time.

Like Tree72Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th February 2019, 1:43 PM   #46
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs._December View Post
You have to own your ****.
LOL. I hope I'm never on the opposite side of a conference table from Mrs. December.
Old 28th February 2019, 4:20 PM   #47
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turning point View Post
LOL. I hope I'm never on the opposite side of a conference table from Mrs. December.
Thereís many people on this site who project their bitterness. Itís best to ignore them.
Old 28th February 2019, 4:28 PM   #48
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs._December View Post
I get the feeling you wouldn't do it anyway.

You've enjoyed his pursuit for 13 years. You KNOW he's married, and use the feeble excuse that some coworker saw his wife being nasty to him during some sporting event socials, so you 'believe' him when he says his marriage is awful and his wife hates him. So you 'feel sorry' for him and claim that's why you haven't told his wife what he's been doing for 13 years and why you've chosen not to shut this guy down YEARS ago.

You do realize how lame - and completely unbelievable - that sounds, don't you? You haven't shut him down because you like the attention and want it to continue.

You have to own your ****.
Sometimes you just get some empathy for people even when neither they nor the situation is perfect. I can understand it, but it's not worth making a husband mad over, and my opinion is if the friend is truly a friend, he will understand that. I can see where she wouldn't want to be mean to him, but I believe if he doesn't respect it when she says it's hurting her marriage and back out, then she has no choice.
Old 5th March 2019, 3:01 AM   #49
Established Member

It sounds as if you are still working the relationship and your husband has set the cruise on.

You give and your husband only takes. If this continues it will damage if not destroy your marriage. I do know this from my own marriage
Old 6th March 2019, 5:19 PM   #50
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs rubble View Post
Thereís many people on this site who project their bitterness. Itís best to ignore them.
I'm sorry, I was complimenting the no nonsense manner of dispensing with BS, not any perceived bitterness.
Old 7th March 2019, 3:20 PM   #51
Established Member

Well, I have been at the other end of this: I strongly admired and was in love with a co-worker who was married and nothing ever came of it.. ZERO except my heartache.
(I am single.) Once I gave her a gift for a job that
she did for me and she returned it. I did not appreciate that.

Somewhere this guy will think of you fondly, but you and your husband should try forgetting this, bury it. No sense scratching a sore spot.
Old 9th March 2019, 5:08 PM   #52
Established Member

Your husband sounds like a ****ing *******, and it sounds like you are getting something out of this other guy who admires you whether you admit it to yourself or not.

You and your husband are both in the wrong. Him, for making comments about your girlfriends that is clearly to make you feel jealous and/or insecure... and is a really ****ed up powerplay on his part. You, for talking to the guy who admires you at ALL. If you don't want him to continue sending you really inappropriate cards, gifts, etc, then you tell him no and you stop talking to him completely even though you are co-workers. If he talks to you, you tell him you don't want to talk to him. If you continues, file a complaint with your company.

But it sounds like you want the attention that your ******* husband doesn't give you. And I am sorry to hear of this situation.
Old 10th March 2019, 2:55 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
your husband is a control freak. tell him that if he doesn't change his ways that you will leave him
NOT! The OP has accepted gifts on Valentineís Day and other holidays from a man not her husband. Surprised your husband has not divorced you yet.
Old 10th March 2019, 3:01 AM   #54

And you're from where she's from? It's notoriously hard in the US to get a restraining order even in cases far scarier than this, and resulted in a lot of emotional pain, injury, and death. It's a huge issue. But it's nice that somewhere it's just that easy. I wonder if she took this route she'd have to take it up with HR?

In Washington state you can get a restraining order if you say that you feel threatened. Thats it. If you violate an order, you get arrested and have a serious mark on your record. I know that nearby states have similar practices.
Old 10th March 2019, 5:42 AM   #55
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDuckster View Post
NOT! The OP has accepted gifts on Valentineís Day and other holidays from a man not her husband. Surprised your husband has not divorced you yet.
Not true! This was the only gift and it arrived via post I didnít know who it was from, not sure if you have postal service there, but they just turn up here you donít have the chance to say ďno donít put that in my mailĒ
My husband is welcome to divorce me, why he would Iím not sure? We had a great discussion about this and to be perfectly honest heís been a Whole lot more horrible with other stuff. So stop being so judgemental!
Have reported and asked for this to be closed down.