Thank you husband

Dear Husband,

Thank you for being the antithesis of so much I read here.

For being true, faithful, hard working, an equal partner, a man with a healthy sexual appetite...but that also isn’t a jerk if I’ve had a tough day and am just not in the mood one night.

For being someone that doesn’t expect me to be wearing heels and makeup everyday...and grabs my ass when I wear yoga pants. But also pulls out chairs, open car doors and tells me I’m the most gorgeous woman in the room when I *do* put on makeup and a LBD for a night away.

Not sure how I got so lucky...but d*mn I am.

Love you to the moon and back again

Me

• Like 11
I’m the most gorgeous woman in the room when I *do* put on makeup and a LBD for a night away.

Since the first Google hit for LBD was Lewy Body Dementia, I kept looking until I found Little Black Dress. Nice!

Not sure how I got so lucky...but d*mn I am.

I'd say you're both lucky, but luck is indeed the residue of design...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 2

The things you mention are part of the glue that holds a marriage together.

Have you showed this post to your husband? If you did, I bet it would make him smile.

• Like 1
I tell him regularly how much I love and appreciate him.

I bet he feels very lucky to have a wife ( or husband, not sure of your backstory) like you who makes them feel appreciated every day.

• Like 2
The Dude Abides

Well done, Wallysbears. It is nice to see someone who is happy and committed and is getting the same back from their spouse.

I could make the same sort of post about Mrs. Dude Abides. :love: For many years all the lowlife dudes I worked with had a bit of fun at my expense and called me a 'Boy Scout' because I didn't run around with women on the side, smoke, drink and gamble, party hard, stay out late, was responsible with our money, etc etc.

Now, mid-50's, I see that all of them are divorced multiple times, or have had miserable relationships, kids out of wedlock, bankruptcies , can't keep a house in their name, have beater vehicles because they can't qualify for a loan, don't have two cents to rub together, constant drama and trauma to deal with, problems with the Law, etc etc.

So, I will say again that I am quite content to have a wonderful wife , no drama to deal with. Happy to devote all my energy to one woman. Happy to put all my assets, money, life ambitions and hard work on one single person with whom I will grow old and be with until the end. I've never gambled but to use a gambling metaphor, I have put all of what I have on one hand and that is my life with Mrs Dude Abides. :D

Here is a "high five" :laugh: from me over to you and Mr. Wallysbears.

• Like 3
  • Author

Right back at you Mr. Dude Abides. It is good to be able to "high five" another couple that operates the way we do.

• Like 2
The Dude Abides
Love your post! :love: Can the rest of us post too? :D

Elswyth

I guess I was guilty of a thread high-jack ! LOL :D. Maybe it was for a good cause, and you should too. :p

• Like 2
Elswyth

I guess I was guilty of a thread high-jack ! LOL :D. Maybe it was for a good cause, and you should too. :p

:lmao: Happy to!

I love how H can be the gentleman that I need in the streets, and the freak that I need in the sheets. :love: It's the best of all possible worlds, and it never gets old.

I love how he prioritizes my happiness and well-being, how he'll give me the comfortable seat, or bring me my favourite food on his way back from work, or spend his day off fixing something in the house that I was having trouble with.

I love how we can enjoy each other in so many ways - all dressed up and out on a date, or just lounging in pyjamas playing games together, or discussing the latest news. I love how we can be best friends AND lovers AND partners working together towards a common goal.

Neither of us is perfect and we've weathered our fair share of storms, but always come out of them stronger.

It's been over 10 years since we were carefree young lovers dating at 21, but often I look at him and feel like nothing has changed. Or rather, that things HAVE changed, but they've only gotten sweeter.

Cheers to happy relationships and happy marriages! :bunny:

• Like 4

Beautiful Elswyth!

Okay, I will go. Despite seeing him in the ICU with 14 broken bones after a freak bicycling accident, he is And was the strongest man I ever met. That he is the first man who ever stood up to me and he did it without raising his voice or being unkind. That even when we were just dating, he drove me to the hospital over an hour away and waited for me as I had surgery to determine if I had

Life-threatening cancer (it was benign).

I love that he puts me first Every. Single. Time. And that after dating many men who had let me down, my husband still has not even remotely disappointed me in nearly 10 years together.

I love that he is intellectually curious but also patient and kind when others need to understand. I love that he makes me laugh every single day and affirms how much I love him in every moment. I love that even the simple things like making dinner can become a date and that he makes the effort for “super nice” dates that feel like a mini-vacation.

I love his integrity, his thoughtfulness and his introspection as much as a I love his sexiness, his drive and his sense of humor. I love that he still looks at me like the very first time I was sure he was in love with me and that his eyes still light up when I walk into a room.

I love that we have built a life together of which I am incredibly proud. I love watching him cross the finish line at Ironman to celebrate the guy who recovered from a crash, not the guy who had crashed.

And I love so much that as my mom was dying, he gave her the most beautiful gift. My mom has always said that she didn’t have to worry about me anymore because I had finally found the love of my life. My husband bent down, took her hand and told her how much he loved me and that it was okay, he would always take care of me.

I chose well and I know it. I only hope I am half the partner to him that he is to me.

• Like 4

I have to say, one of the best parts about LS is that I so often read threads that make me feel really, really grateful to have a man like H. I think IRL people often aren't forthcoming with their marital problems or their opinions on certain things, so it's easy to feel like some things - i.e. having a partner with integrity, or a partner who pulls their weight like an adult, or a partner who actually cares about you as a person - are just a baseline that everyone does. Reading the stuff here makes me realize that it isn't really, and that I should be more appreciative of these things.

I chose well and I know it. I only hope I am half the partner to him that he is to me.

From everything I've read from you here, I'm sure he feels the same way! ;)

• Like 1

I love this thread. Some aspects of LS can be profoundly hostile to even the suggestion of happy, healthy relationships, but by the same token you don't want to complain about your husband leaving dirty socks on the floor when other people are struggling through multiple affairs, so you don't always know what to say. Anyhow, it is great and empowering to hear from other ladies who genuinely love their husbands and are thriving in their marriages.

Thank you, husband, for being an outstanding and incredible man. Thank you for being so loving and making me feel loved, sexy, and desired. You make me want to be the best version of myself every day. You are a fabulous lover, so patient and committed to helping me with my weird emotional constipation, and you make me believe I'm a person who deserves love.

Thank you for being a romantic, for even now slow dancing with me in the kitchen on random weeknights, for writing love notes and buying me flowers regularly, and for doing so much to make me a better partner.

You are brilliant, inspiring, and a true jack of all trades; it blows my mind to see you rewiring all the electricity in our house, building new software platforms that amaze your bosses, and cooking phenomenal dinners to boot. When people call you a superhero they mean it. We talk about how lucky we were to find each other but I still think I'm the clear winner.

I'd like to add for the peanut gallery that I am not super good looking or some fantastic catch. I am about as average of a person as you can get, but I wound up with a guy who treats me like gold. I see people here talking about how all married folks cheat or how all men are scum or that all women are liars, and it's honestly so sad. You deserve someone who is wholly committed to you if that is what you want. Don't ever settle for bad behavior.

major_merrick

I'm so grateful to my husband!

He's been my best friend since we were kids, and even when we disagreed and had problems and dropped our romantic connection, our friendship stayed. I'm grateful that he puts up with me even when I'm in a rotten mood, and cuddles me even when I want to take it out on somebody and it ends up being him.

I'm grateful to my husband for bringing me into his family, even though he already had a couple of dedicated partners. I'm grateful for the friendship I have with the other women in my home...even the one who isn't always nice. I'm grateful for the security of not living alone, not being responsible for everything, and not being vulnerable. I'm grateful for having the right balance of freedom and support.

I'm grateful to have a husband with multiple skills - who expects as much (and much more) of himself as he does of others. I'm grateful to have a husband who is a hard worker and a doer, because so many others seem to be lazy. I'm grateful to have a husband who is aware of his faults and tries to do something about them....and forgives me for the faults that I have. :love: