Why would spouse give Valentines Day before?

I received a beautiful box of chocolates, roses and valentines day card from my significant other. The only thing is. he did it the day before v Day.. Why? He works nights in a bar and I'm curious if anyone thinks this is odd or that perhaps he just wouldn't have the time to do and planned ahead to get it out of the way? Just seems odd to me and out of the norm for someone to do that. Shouldn't he be doing that on the actually day with me and perhaps making plans? Thoughts?

Edited by portwine49

Roses (and just about everything else) cost about 5x more on Valentines' Day. ;) For that reason, H and I celebrate on a different day as well.

Honestly, if everything else is good with him, I wouldn't worry at all about this. It's a sweet gesture. Who cares if it's not on the day?

• Like 3
CautiouslyOptimistic

Maybe he was just excited and couldn't wait? My exH is like this. Always was. My daughter's 18th birthday is next week and he gave her her present 2 weeks ago because he was going to be out of town all LAST week.....well, he's been back for almost a week, and her birthday is next week.....lol. He was just excited about the gift.

• Like 1
I received a beautiful box of chocolates, roses and valentines day card from my significant other. The only thing is. he did it the day before v Day.. Why? He works nights in a bar and I'm curious if anyone thinks this is odd or that perhaps he just wouldn't have the time to do and planned ahead to get it out of the way? Just seems odd to me and out of the norm for someone to do that. Shouldn't he be doing that on the actually day with me and perhaps making plans? Thoughts?

I believe you issue is with the lack of planning the day and not with the timing of the gift. Today is a rather high volume day for people in the bar/restaurant business. Even the people without dates will be out.

• Like 1

It's much much cheaper to have roses delivered the day before than it is the day of Vday. My boyfriend did this last year (sent 2 dozen of my favorite flowers the day before), I posted on FB, and he was teased by his friends for doing this knowing it was cheaper. But, honestly...my bf is very generous overall and I told him it was a great idea to save money. I said to send it the day before every year and I'd wait and post the pic the day of...lol. It's the gesture that counts and who cares if it's the day before or day of?

• Like 2
Happy Lemming
It's much much cheaper to have roses delivered the day before than it is the day of Vday.

Very true!! Years ago, I was dating a woman who liked multi-colored roses and I would send them the day before. It was cheaper and easier on the florists, as well as the delivery staff.

Guilty.....even my Mom got hers last night....

I have always done it, too hard to coordinate a 14th delivery.. in the past if I had tried there would be times they were delivered on the 15th...

• Author
He got you something thoughtful. Be grateful.

Thank you for your feedback. I am grateful he is thoughtful. Thank you for your input aside from the question.

Turning point

Was it he or the florist who decided to deliver a day early?

Does he give you chocolates and roses on any other day of the year?

What is it about this particular 24 hour advance that troubles you?

If I were otherwise being reminded on a regular basis that I am loved then, I would not analyze my marriage through the lens of retail exploitation.