Mrs. Hyde Neurotic Ice Queen

My wife and I have a very awesome reciprocating marriage. We get along 90% of the time with laughter and deep conversation and fun.

Sometimes... she gets in her head about the house, or work or everything, and goes into this neurotic OCD cold fit where she moves quickly around the house angrily completing little chores or cleaning something and she inevitably finds cause to be angry and short with me.

I woke up this morning to her making noise in the bedroom 10 min before my alarm, (because I should be awake too now). I knew right then it was Hyde. I went to the living room sofa to put my socks onturned on the heat, sat in the couch to put my socks on, placing my gym towel and other day use articles to my left. She storms in, turns the heat off. “I’m sweating my ass off!” ...”Okayeee...” I said. She walks up to me pauses, looks at my stuff to my left. “Move your stuff.” She said annoyed. I said, “Why do you get like this?” She said “Obviously I’m flustered, so I don’t need you trying to start sh** with me!” I went to my bathroom and waited in there for her to leave.

Problem is, I know when I get home she’s going to want to calmly reflect, and talk to me about what happened; and how I could have done better in that moment. And that really pisses me off.

Happy Lemming

Is your wife old enough to be going through menopause??

Source: https://www.healthline.com/health/menopause/how-long-does-menopause-last

Symptoms include:

• Hot flashes. These cause you to feel a sudden rush of warmth in your face and upper body. ...
  • Night sweats. Hot flashes during sleep can result in night sweats. ...
  • Cold flashes. ...
  • Vaginal changes. ...
  • Emotional changes. ...
  • Trouble sleeping.

My wife and I have a very awesome reciprocating marriage.

Except for when you're running away and hiding in the bathroom?

Not sure what your question is...

Mr. Lucky

Is your wife old enough to be going through menopause??

With hindsight, my sister says that going through menopause nearly killed her marriage.

OP, this is certainly something to consider...unless she's always been like this.

OP, this almost sounds like myself at times. I used to blow about once a week, but as I've gotten older it is down to 1x or 2x a year.

All I can say, is I internalize a bunch of petty crap that irritates me for weeks...ie kids being slobs, not being filled in to plan changes or other communication issues, kids not shoveling snow when they get a snow day( high schoolers)..ie real small stuff, and then I blow. I mean raising my voice, making smart ass comments, muttering....to whomever is there at the moment.....nothing violent or anything like that. My wife has learned to let me vent for 15 minutes, and then it's gone. After that, I usually dole out a guilt trip or two to the older kids, and some consequences to the youngest....taking the car away for a couple of days, that kind of stuff.

Listen man, I'm not excusing the behavior, but I have a couple of questions. How often does it happen, and how long does it last? Does she direct her anger at you, or herself, or what?