My sister is getting married

mortensorchid

My sister is getting married. She just made it public on Instagram yesterday. She has a good man (I only met him once), he was married before with 2 kids, and it's good. She's younger than me but she'll get married before I will. Life is good.

Happy Lemming
She's younger than me but she'll get married before I will.

You don't know that... Mr. Perfect may be the next click/swipe away.

Are you and your sister close?? Will you be attending the wedding ceremony??

Genuine question: Why does it matter to you that you're not married, when you had no qualms with having sex with a man whom you knew was married? Do you actually value marriages or do you not? Or is it more of a competitive thing?

• Like 3

There are no guarantees in life..

She may also be the first divorced too so don't let it ruin anything or she may wind up being terribly unhappy after a few years.. it happens...

You can't put a timetable on something like that, you would be setting your expectations too high and will only be disappointed...

• Like 1
  • Author
mortensorchid
Genuine question: Why does it matter to you that you're not married, when you had no qualms with having sex with a man whom you knew was married? Do you actually value marriages or do you not? Or is it more of a competitive thing?

I beg your pardon but I have NEVER been with a man who was married. I was with a man who was separated, he and his wife were still legally married, but he had moved out of the house and it had nothing to do with me. But that never came to serious issue because he went home, went to bed, had a heart attack and died at age 44.

Otherwise I don't go there.

overtherainbow1
I beg your pardon but I have NEVER been with a man who was married. I was with a man who was separated, he and his wife were still legally married, but he had moved out of the house and it had nothing to do with me. But that never came to serious issue because he went home, went to bed, had a heart attack and died at age 44.

It does seem like the second sentence is at odds with the first sentence. Sorry to hear that he passed.

Yikes that's horrible :( I'm freaking out when reading stories like this for young people dying without any signs.....

Regarding your sister, are you happy for her? Don't make it competitive, there is no timeline for when to start a relationship... Unless she's like 20 years younger than you, it's really not that special that she's getting married first. Btw, hope she's not rushing it just cause clock is ticking...