Focus on Strength and Self Reliance.

Hi Guys

I've not worked for a year. It s mostly my fault for not identifying what I m good in and putting in the effort to find work. But i ve recently been able to get two interviews with facebook and google and I was proud of it inside.

Recently my husband's friend's wife 'Anita' visits us who has worked in both these companies and my husband as a matter of fact states that those lower positions i m interviewing for are always needed and they hire them a lot. Hey he s right but I did not feel nice when said that instead of being proud I got those interviews on my own - husband has friends who work there but has not helped me so far. I have not worked in over a year and felt any boost would help me. I have relocated to where he lives - so dont have friends here and have slowly been building my contacts.

The whole evening was a lil off - small things here and there - with how he behaved with his friends - I m actually happy I didnt make things an issue (like i have before) in front of them - And then in the end of the day , my husband says the friend's wife did a great job moving here and getting a job within 6 months. I felt he s not getting the point / I used to tell him this was hurting me. But now I just smile and say nothing.

I m not looking for advice or answers. Just wanted a space to write my feelings out because the whole evening I was fine and in the end I couldnt sleep and I was feeling sad - I tell my husband and He says - 'Sometimes its good to feel sad'.

I cant wait to start working and not be dependent on anyone. That's my focus. I m always going to be gracious and calm. __/|\__

Hello there! I know you are not looking for advice or answers, I too like to post to just get everything out of my system but it is nice to get some feedback at times. If your husband is not proud of you, I am! You said you can't wait to start working and being independent and I can admire that. That comes to show that you have the strength to better yourself! Who cares if the positions you are interviewing for are lower, there is always room to grow, especially when you put in the hard work and effort!

• Like 1

While I'm sure he could have used more tact, it seems in both the things you cited he was truthful. Are you sure you're not feeling more guilt than anger?

Mr. Lucky