My wife got impregnated by another man.

I was abroad for one year, so technically, my wife and I have been long distance for long. We have been away from each other most of the time since we got married. It was all for business though, so she understood. I met my wife in an international dating site 7 years ago. One time, she called while I was at work and I wondered why. When I took the call, I heard my wife crying over the phone. Nervousness came through me. I thought something bad happened to our daughter. But I was wrong. She called to tell me she got pregnant by another man. I did not know what to say. Yet, I managed to respond with a shaking voice. I asked her why but the only thing I heard from her was “I’m sorry”. She said it was an accident but I did not know what to think. I felt betrayed and I was angry. I didn’t keep in touch with her for two weeks now. She seemed to understand that I was avoiding her. For two weeks, I have been thinking of what to do about it. Since I felt anger inside me, I couldn’t think clearly. Can you help me with this? I badly need your advice.

Lotsgoingon

So sorry to hear of this.

I would definitely get to a therapist ... a really good one ... to help me sort this out ... Otherwise, I'd just turn this over and over in my head and prolong my own torture ...

You need some structured professional thinking and support. Go for it ... And do you have friends like you trust ... time to call each of them up ... and schedule coffee/drinks or whatever and share this with them ... for their support and for tapping their ideas and wisdom.

I'd say 99.9 percent of the time, in this situation, you want to end the relationship ... but you need support and thinking ... you wanna make sure there weren't obvious signs and red flags that you missed along the way ... so that you can find a more trustworthy partner in the future.

Therapy brother! And you're know you're at the right therapist when talking clarifies ... if it doesn't, move to a new therapist.