LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Marriage & Life Partnerships

Have you ever had consensual sex when you did not want a relationship?

Marriage & Life Partnerships Debunking the old-ball-and-chain stereotype one couple at a time.

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th March 2018, 9:25 AM   #1
Established Member

Have you ever had consensual sex when you did not want a relationship?

My Dad asked me yesterday if I had ever had sex when I did not want to. The answer was a resounding no for myself and him. His experience as well as mine is women frequently have sex when they do not want to. I'm curious if we are outliers for males and if our assumption is true of women. For those who have had sex in a marriage when they did not want to roughly what percentage of the time do you acquiesce and take on for the team?
4fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2018, 9:30 AM   #2
Established Member

I'd guess you're the exception, don't see how a LTR wouldn't have an instance where one party - males included - wasn't in the mood or feeling well yet went along.

However, doesn't mean I didn't eventually get some enjoyment from it...

Mr. Lucky
Old 13th March 2018, 9:54 AM   #3
Established Member

When I said No, sex did not happen. However, in 1 long term relationship my then BF was often able to "talk me into it." On those occasions I would sort of just lay there & let him, without much input from me. He was particularly proud of himself if in the course of what started out with me not really participating, it turned into something good for us both. He was an exceptionally talented lover with a high libido. While that relationship had lots of problems, those problems were not in the bedroom.

Martial rape is a real thing & should not be countenanced.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2018, 10:00 AM   #4
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lucky View Post
I'd guess you're the exception, don't see how a LTR wouldn't have an instance where one party - males included - wasn't in the mood or feeling well yet went along.

However, doesn't mean I didn't eventually get some enjoyment from it...

Mr. Lucky

Agreed. There have been times when I've been tired and wanted to go to sleep, but I knew my wife was feeling a little frisky so I obliged. It's not like it's some major sacrifice.

And the sex was great as always.
GorillaTheater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2018, 10:12 AM   #5
Established Member

GT
The same here, and it was the bonding afterglow the cuddling I was after.
2.50 a gallon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2018, 10:17 AM   #6
Established Member

Yes, many many times when I was married.
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2018, 10:37 AM   #7
Established Member

Yes when you're married you may not feel like it but once I'm in it I like it.
stillafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2018, 10:40 AM   #8
Established Member

Sure, there have been times when I have been really tired, or just not in the mood for some reason.

But I go along with it, and soon enough, it feels good enough that I change my mind

Or maybe I'll just oblige him with a BJ if I sense he is randy and I know I am not.

As for percent of time? Less than 5% I would guess. It's not a usual thing, but after 16 years it's happened.

I know sometimes he isn't "in the mood" either but he humors me.

Last edited by RecentChange; 13th March 2018 at 10:45 AM..
RecentChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2018, 10:49 AM   #9
Established Member

Of course we sometimes have sex when we're not in the mood. We want to please each other even if it isn't always the ideal time. We wouldn't if we truly had an objection or reason at the time, of course. Even when one of us isn't really in the mood, almost always we get in the mood as things progress.

I would add that if you are seldom or never in the mood to have sex with your partner, your relationship has a serious problem - it needs to be fixed, or ended.
central is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2018, 10:56 AM   #10
Established Member

a duty, not in the mood, no longer in love, just a soulless duty-eff, a grind
darkmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2018, 11:32 AM   #11
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nnivain View Post
When I said No, sex did not happen. However, in 1 long term relationship my then BF was often able to "talk me into it." On those occasions I would sort of just lay there & let him, without much input from me. He was particularly proud of himself if in the course of what started out with me not really participating, it turned into something good for us both. He was an exceptionally talented lover with a high libido. While that relationship had lots of problems, those problems were not in the bedroom.

Martial rape is a real thing & should not be countenanced.
Donivan,
You have an intuitive side that sees through what I post at times. I'll get back to you but as for the males that were tired or not feeling well their spouses initiated or they felt like the desire was there and in the end enjoyed it.
I've been with my wife for 18 years. A little before or after a year she disclosed she was date raped. It obviously still bothered her and had no effect on how I felt about her so I said nothing about it. Over the next few years sex was an every day thing sometimes multiple times a day. When the honeymoon/limerence wore off it was 3 to 4 times a week. Then came kids and that torpedoed us down to once a week.

Once the kids were old enough (over 4) and much more independent we were still at once a week so we had a discussion. In that discussion I did something very stupid. I asked "exactly what happened when you were raped?". To say I was unprepared is an understatement. It was 2-3 weeks of maybe 2 house of sleep, went to a doctor who put me on ambien that gave me 4-5 hours of sleep but the side effect of walking around my yard naked (I sleep that way) looking for my dog with no recollection of it ruled that out.

The bottom line is we compromised to 3-4 times a week. For that I am extremely grateful. I also went to therapy for almost 3 years. I don't know why my wife's trauma traumatized me to the extent it did. I'm termed a secondary survivor. Therapy did little to diminish my anger at her rapist. I made progress elsewhere but not at my anger. Out of 1000 rapes 5-6 go to jail. It's pathetic.

The odds of 2 partners having the same sex drive are so slim the issue is bound to come up. Before having the discussion for a compromise I looked into ways to kill my high libido and found myself looking at medications given to convicted sex offenders. There was no way I was going that route. I'm not abnormal or a rapist. There are many times the 3-4 times a week doesn't work out. So be it.

We had a discussion a few nights ago where my wife explained she was attracted to me and desired for me but at the end of the day sex was on the bottom of her list and that I should not take that personally. She asked if she was supposed to skip other things that had to be done. My response was if they are less important than our marriage sex with me may should be moved off of the bottom of the list and how was I not supposed to take it personally.

It looks like couples counseling is in our future. She says she has healed from her rape that happened 25 years ago and I have known about for 17 to 18 years but the truth is I didn't know exactly what happened until 3 years ago this April and now that I do it explains a lot of the issues we have in the sex department. When you are raped as a virgin at 13 and in an effort to deny what happened was rape continue the relationship sexual and all it has a profound effect. Staying with a partner who raped you is not uncommon and she did for 4-6 months so her first sexual experiences were with a rapist.

It's such a tough spot to be in. I almost loath my high sex drive but it's not something I can just turn off. I have a fantastic wife and we are highly compatible in every way but sexually. For me sex is about pleasing as much as being pleased but she is only comfortable pleasing me and there is 0 communication on how to please her. As she puts it "my pussy does not have an owners manual". To the contrary I can rub her back and she can tell me what feels good and the same for her feet and head. It's a tough spot to be in. Open to suggestions, skewering or whatever.
Old 13th March 2018, 11:52 AM   #12
Established Member

No skewering from me, brother. I feel nothing but bad for your wife's rape (hell, she was only a kid) and how that's impacted both your lives. I see where your wife has said that she's healed from it, but I wonder if that's true, and maybe you do too.

Any chance she's willing to consider counseling, individual or marital?
GorillaTheater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2018, 12:14 PM   #13
Established Member

Gorilla,
For starters thanks. She is willing to do couples counseling. As for her being healed she says she has but I have questions. I have 3 basic ways I can please my wife sexually. Manually, orally and penetration. She can't orgasm from penetration but that is all I am allowed to do. We are both pleasers but I am not allowed to be one. She doesn't like manual or oral and I can't help but think the rape had something to do with it. I may be wrong. What I do know is I come unglued when I hear details so I'm not going there. The confusing part is in the beginning manual stimulation was ok and she had orgasms from it. Once I bought a toy I was regulated to penetration only. It's frustrating to say the least. Appreciate your input.
Old 13th March 2018, 12:16 PM   #14

Yes I have. And a few of those times were when I wasn't married. There is such a thing as pity sex or sex just to make someone else happy. Yes it happens. It's not rape to me.
Popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2018, 1:01 PM   #15
Established Member

Att: Mods
I botched my title. I meant it to be:
Have you ever had consensual sex when you did not want to in a marriage or relationship.

Popsicle,
I don't consider it rape either but when you know the person you love most was raped it can mess with your mind when you want to have sex and they do not. It's just different than when your in a relationship with no sexual abuse. I kept it in for 13-14 years and just dealt with it. No was no but that one night she sensed something was bothering me. I just told her that's fine and I'm not going to be like the son of a bitch that raped her. She assured me I wasn't and the discussion/compromise began.