Evening Activities

Frustratedconcern

Our baby goes to bed by 8 pm. My partner and I are at a loss for what to do in the evenings. We’re sick of things like board games, cards, movies and tv. We’ve been struggling with communication lately and I was hoping to find more activities to bring us closer together and get us communicating. Any ideas?

CautiouslyOptimistic

Look on Amazon for "Table Topics." It's a collection of questions to get conversation going. I'm sure there are online/Web alternatives to this as well.

Also consider postponing your dinner together until after the baby is in bed, and cooking it together. Maybe even subscribing to something like Blue Apron or Hello Fresh. Put some Norah Jones on, drink some wine, and make the meal together.

• Like 2
CautiouslyOptimistic
I wish...???

Well, this is definitely an issue you need to resolve. Why are you not having sex?

• Like 3
Happy Lemming

What about art work?? Painting?? Chalks?? etc.

Although we don't live together, my girlfriend paints in the evenings. She also works with chalks.

It is quiet so you won't wake up the baby.

It seems to relax my girlfriend and fills her free time with something she likes to do.

todreaminblue

have baking nights where you make slices or lunches for the week....

make pickles together.....chutneys..preserved lemons......lemon butter passionfruit curds.....have a theme night where you work with honey or do different countries......watch documentaries on places you always want to visit......

get travel brochures and plan holidays.....have coupon hunts in newspapers and mags for free stuff and free weekend activities.....make a calender together of events..and trips and plans and birthdays and or date nights ideas....plan visits with family and friends you might know are down and..people you know who might need some pick me ups...make them....cake....freeze it take it to them on the weekend.

..... plan a weekend road trip with baby in tow....

have a carpet picnic with cheese and fruit and nuts and wispy crackers ...serve the cheese platter in clogs...ok kidding about the clogs...maybe not....

make chinese food and listen to ambient music of the sea shore...buy a tagine and watch youtube how to do a moroccan tagine meal .....be sexy in the kitchen......with sauce ...sauce is sexy....if you make it right....feed him spoonfuls...well my ex loved when i made ahead sauces.....i didnt get to bottle much....i am sauce queen...

read a newspaper together and talk about something in there be it sport or current affairs....

when my ex and i had no television we started reading together.....i found books for him during the day ...he liked mysteries and crime novels...and books for me and we would talk about the books...ok it mainly ended up us notreadign and having lots of sex.....he did say to me though that he had never read as many books before....we read them together..which equaled two books....deb

Edited by todreaminblue
  • Like 3
  • Author
Frustratedconcern
Well, this is definitely an issue you need to resolve. Why are you not having sex?

See my Is He Cheating post in the cheating subsection. ??

• Like 1