LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Marriage & Life Partnerships

Men- if you had one last day with your wife

Marriage & Life Partnerships Debunking the old-ball-and-chain stereotype one couple at a time.

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th January 2018, 1:09 AM   #16
Established Member

Hi Folks, if you think of it, this is an almost impossible question to answer. It's something one does'nt want to dwell on. For me, I'd like to answer it by invoking the images conjured up by scenes in various movies and the sentiments generated in some songs. The last few scenes from the movie 'Pompeii' and 'Me before you' as also the movie 'The fault in our stars' and the song by Kenny Rogers the opening line of which is 'Don't look so sad, I know it's over'. I would think a combination of all the thoughts, feelings and actions as portrayed in these would sum it up for me.

Actually, the fact is that no one wants to dwell on the possibility of a final separation by death. However, it is a reality we will all have to face at some time or other and what we do and how we react in the moment will probably be absolutely different from what we would like to think we would do. At least that is how I see it. May not be others cup of tea. Warm wishes.
Just a Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2018, 4:25 AM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by road View Post
if I knew if life was coming to an end and I would
hope to have enough time to drive coast to coast on the
old us routes. Camping on the way.

The end to come on the beach that evening when we reached
the west coast. Have a camp fire and watch the sun set.
Bucket list.
Cullenbohannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2018, 12:03 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullenbohannon View Post
Bucket list.
16, learning to drive. learnt map out trips by following
the route numbers.

That summer, trip upstate, we had a US route map.
I discovered that there were roads that went coast to
coast that had the same number all the way.

US 20, 6, 30, 40, 50, 60.

That summer I said one day I am going to do US 20 first.
Then the rest and some where in there the Pacific Coast Hwy.

My wife retires in two years. I do not see how we will be
able to afford it.
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2018, 1:15 PM   #19
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesPower View Post
We would make love all day. I would cook something she likes, eat and go back to bed to make love...
Exactly what he said.
Soxfaninfl is offline   Reply With Quote