Today is our 45th Anniversary and my wife asked me this:

My wife asked me why I still found her attractive when she did not see that in the mirror. I told her that I still saw the 19 year old virgin a married. She still did not believe me. I looked around the internet and found this which melted her heart.

"He said to her, “who are you going to believe? The mirror, a photograph, or the eyes of the man who thinks you’re the most beautiful girl on the planet?"

• Like 15
CautiouslyOptimistic

Happy Anniversary!! And kudos for not taking credit for something you found on the Internet ;). Very sweet.

Awe... I know what you mean Steve. It's easy for so many to forget who they fell in love with. For some of us, the heart is stuck in that moment when you realize love, it lives in that moment forever despite the passage of time. When the heart never forgets, the love last forever.

Mrs. John Adams

Steve....

John and I have been married 45 1/2 years....and I totally understand your wife's statement and insecurity. I look in the mirror and wonder who that old woman looking back at me is...and in this society that insists beauty is only bestowed upon those who are young...it is difficult for those of us who see age as an enemy.

My john has never been a shallow person like me....beauty to him has always emanated from within a person....and I am so grateful that he feels this way.

I do think he still looks into my eyes and sees the 16 year old girl he married....even though those eyes have wrinkles...and have lost some of their crispness...he still sees the young girl...that was full of life and and is STILL excited to make the journey with him.

Congratulation Steve...in this day and age...few make it to 45....and here's to your 75th!

• Author

Thanks to all for your congratulations. Looking forward to the 50th. My parents are married 68 years.

• Like 1
Michelle ma Belle
Thanks to all for your congratulations. Looking forward to the 50th. My parents are married 68 years.

We should all be so lucky :)