going behind back

Last night a friend was telling me about her 10 year relationship. She recently discovered that her long-term live-in boyfriend opened a PO Box so he could get his mail there. (Some of it was accidentally mailed to their house and she noticed the PO Box address.) With this mail, she realized he opened a new bank account without her knowing. It slipped that he changed his beneficiaries too. (Neither one has children.)

So: 1) he does not want her to see his mail. 2) he does not want her to know about a bank account. 3) he removed her as his beneficiary.

When confronted, he said he is not going anywhere. He just wants to get his own mail, blah, blah, blah. He needs to protect his mother by making her the beneficiary.

I would not feel secure. Would this trigger suspicion for you?

ChatroomHero

It's nothing good, I would fully expect he is planning to make a move in ambush style. I bet if she looks deeper she will find other moves he's made toward the same end.

• Like 2

Hi primer, why don't you ask your friend to upstage her boyfriend and ambush him by moving out? In fact she should replicate all the actions he's taken but do it on the sly. As they say ' Tit for tat! Warm wishes.