10 year dating anniversary

DH & I actually celebrate this because if there wasn't a first date, there wouldn't be a wedding date. We also celebrate the anniversary of our engagement. We're a little sappy. No presents just romantic dates & a few moments to reflect on how blessed we are.

The restaurants where we had our 1st two dates are out of business. I don't think that is an omen. lol :)

I want to keep this under $500. Which does LS think sounds better:

1. A night at the hotel where we had our wedding reception with dinner at their great romantic restaurant. (We did this for our 1st wedding anniversary & even "snuck" into the ballroom with an ipod to dance to our song)

OR

2. A car service & dinner at a fancy local restaurant I have always wanted to go but never quite got around to it. We have been talking about going here for the date anniversary for years but never managed it.

DH probably has to work that Saturday & we will just be getting home from another trip so nothing that involves a plane or more then a 2 hour drive. I'm a lousy cook so I can really make staying in romantic.

I don't want to ask my husband because he's already planning the 10th wedding anniversary next Fall so this one's on me. He did plan the 1st date after all.

• Like 1
BettyDraper

We celebrate our dating anniversary too. Since we just hit 10 years, we're probably just going to start commemorating it again in 5 year intervals.

I like the car service and dinner idea. If you want to stay in,you can always get a caterer to prepare a meal. It shouldn't be too expensive for a couple.

Many more years to you and your hubby! Congrats!

LivingWaterPlease

I agree with BettyDraper and Popsicle. Voting for #2! It sounds fun and adventuresome, symbolic to opening a new exciting chapter (since it's a new place you've been anticipating) to your already great relationship...

Maybe have a few little new types of gifts, some things he wouldn't expect that don't relate to any of his hobbies or anything familiar to either of you...if nothing else, should be good for a few laughs when he opens them and tries to figure out why you'd give them to him...maybe let him try to figure it out (before telling him they're random!) with a twinkle in your eye...might be fun!!!

Congratulations and wishing you the best for the years to come! Come back and let us know how it went...

LivingWaterPlease
Sorry what's DH? Congratulations on your 10th!!!

I think it might mean Dear Husband, whereas DD would be dear daughter, etc. Not sure where this originated. If this isn't so someone please correct me! :)

amaysngrace

I'd go for dinner and drinks if you're arranging a ride for the night. Especially if he's already traveling that week.

Congratulations on your happy occasion!!

• Like 1
angel.eyes

Congrats!:bunny:

Since he's coming back from a trip and working Saturday (the next day? Is this a Friday date night?), car service and a nice restaurant dinner. Could you get tickets to a nice show? I would want to make it a little more special and memorable than just dinner.

Have fun! :)

• Like 1
  • Author

We're both coming back from a trip together & have traveled A LOT already this year. We don't have time on that trip -- which is a group thing -- to add in romance. Celebrating our relationship is not the agenda for that trip. That trip is about somebody else.

We have a standing low key Friday night date. This would be a Saturday date.

DH does stand for Darling/Dear Husband.

# 2 seems to be winning.

LivingWaterPlease -- we agreed years ago, no presents for "silly" anniversaries. That works for us. No need to change. Neither one of us need more stuff. Stuff doesn't add to our relationship. Time & experiences do. We'd prefer to focus on each other. We do presents for the official wedding anniversary based on the "traditional" associations (1 is paper; I think 4 was fruit; last one was copper etc)

• Like 1

I like #2.

Depending on if it will be a later dinner, maybe pick a pretty place to watch the sunset before eating. Do you two have a special song? Play it.

Congrats!

I am yours. Don't give myself back to me. Rumi :love:

georgia girl

I'm going to be the trend breaker and say go for #1 but that's because my husband and I (sappy like you guys) go to the place where we had our wedding each year for our anniversary. We usually take a bottle of champagne and cake (that's what we did for our first anniversary when you're supposed to eat your cake topper) and just looked out over the countryside. That year, we reminisced. Now, we take the time to focus on what was good in the past year but also what we could do to make the next year even better. It's a sort of reconnect time.

If you didn't feel like staying overnight (I always want my own bed after being away), you could still get a car service. That way, you can feel free to have a few drinks.

Having said all of that, number #2 sounds good as well. It could be starting off on a mini-adventure, just like your first date was.

Enjoy the celebration! To me, this is truly what life is all about. Enjoying and celebrating the life you've built with those you love. Congrats!!!!