Years before marriage?

I moved in with my 1st wife after 2 months of dating and got engage after 8 months of dating.

I got engage to my 2nd wife after three months of dating and moved in together after 6 months of dating.

I was with my first for 2 years before we married (13 years total), and my second wife almost 2 years before we married (3 1/2 years total so far).

With my first husband, we dated a year before marriage.

But I was barely 20 years old and I was then divorced before the age of 25...

With my second marriage (just before my 49th year after almost 25 years of being single), we dated a year before getting engaged and were engaged a year before getting married.

Seven years. We wouldn't have bothered to get married, except health insurance was easier, better, and cheaper if we did. We discussed marriage after about a year together, and agreed that we'd do so if it became beneficial. We're looking at 9 years of marriage, soon, and all is good.

heartfeltlove
how long have you guys waited to get married? 2 years after you started dating? 5 years? 10 or more years?

Why, how long have you been waiting for a proposal?

My first marriage it was 6 months before we moved in. About 6-8 months after that we got engaged. We married about a year after engagement.

RecentChange

Hahaha we are crazy.

Move in together after 6 months of dating.

Engaged after 3 years

Married after 14 years! Took us a while to get around to it.

3 years from first date til wedding (and only 9 months from wedding to first child born!). Celebrating 30 years - and 4 kids - this month...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 1
  • Author
Shannon.tay

heartfeltlove- I told my friend that I joined the forum yesterday to talk about a different issue and wanted me to put this out and show her people's responses.

she's been with her boyfriend for 9 years. and there were instances where we all thought he was going to propose and didn't. we're all sitting here like "what the hell is he waiting for?" lol

she's been with her boyfriend for 9 years. and there were instances where we all thought he was going to propose and didn't. we're all sitting here like "what the hell is he waiting for?" lol

I'd be more tempted to ask "what the hell is SHE waiting for"?

Mr. Lucky

• Like 2

Dated for 12 months. Engaged for 6 months. Married after 18 months together in total. I told her within a month I was going to marry her. What a gamble that was, she could have run but she liked hearing that and 10 years later multiple children later here we are. So we were quick, actually VERY quick in modern times.

You were asking how long should you wait? It is subjective. I think if she is the "one" you'll know very quickly, like within a month. It just hits you like a shovel when it is the "one".

I say wait a year until popping the question. You need to let things progress naturally and court each other for a bit to get to know each other's personality. After a year if you aren't in the process of marrying her, my question is "why"?

That's me though.

First husband was LDR.

Moved in after 6months dating, got married 6 months later. Divorced after 8 years.

Second husband.

Knew him slightly for 6 months before we dated, dated a year then got engaged. We planned to get married six months later but his mother died that year, so we put it off until the next year.

We didn't live together until we got married.

Still together 10 years later :)