For couples 30+ with kids - most consecutive nights of sex?

Okay, I've been trying to ramp stuff up in the bedroom and my wife has been pretty damn receptive if I must say so myself. She's reciprocating as well, although she can be shy with the dirty talk (she's getting there).

I know people might not necessarily keep detailed records of such things, but does anyone have burned into their memory a certain "hot streak" where you and your spouse had sex for many days in a row? Did anything in particular spur it on?

And I mentioned "couples 30+ with kids" because I was looking for more of an apples to apples thing. Newly married couples in their 20s with no kids should have allllllll the time and energy in the world for such things!

Anyways, we are at 7 days in a row, which I know doesn't sound like much, but it's our longest streak since before kids (about a decade ago).

• Like 2

I have an app for my monthly cycle that lets me also put in what days we have sex. It looks like our last "hot streak" was the week of November 16-23nd where we did it every day, of which two of those days we did it multiple times.

We had sex only twice from the 24th because we were out of town that week and spent it at his mom's. We had drunk Thanksgiving sex (well... I was drunk, he doesn't drink). It was rushed and awkward because we were not at home and there was still a house full of people.

And then I started my first period since giving birth 6 months ago. Usually we don't mind having sex while I am menstruating, but since this cycle is crime-scene level the last thing I have wanted to do is have sex.

We did have sex last night, and it had been over a week. :(

But my period is (finally!) ending and I can already feel myself getting ready to get back in the saddle.

Right now I feel like it is easy for us to make time for sex. If our baby is awake we put her in her swing chair and make her face the wall, or put her in her crib. Most often we do it when she is sleeping, though. We'll see how much she interferes as she gets older and we hopefully have one more kid.

Edited by Ms. Faust
  • Like 1

Going back to when I was in my 30's with the ex-wife and 3 kids, it can only be described as a sexless marriage. Twice a year with the typical endless begging, usually got sex on my birthday.

I knew it was over when she wouldn't even do that anymore. I fired her when I was 36.

• Author
but since this cycle is crime-scene level the last thing I have wanted to do is have sex.

Haha thanks for the visual...ugh!!! That cracked me up a little.

And good for you guys! Nothing wrong with some awkward drunken Turkey Day sex. It's what separates us from the other animals.

but does anyone have burned into their memory a certain "hot streak" where you and your spouse had sex for many days in a row?

Last of four kids graduating high school and off to college this year so I'm reaching back to when kids were young and wife and I were in our 30's.

The honest answer would probably be two :lmao: ...

Mr. Lucky

• Author
Going back to when I was in my 30's with the ex-wife and 3 kids, it can only be described as a sexless marriage. Twice a year with the typical endless begging, usually got sex on my birthday.

I knew it was over when she wouldn't even do that anymore. I fired her when I was 36.

Twice a year? I'm sorry to hear that, man. But props for "firing" her. I know life can get hectic and it can be tough to make time for each other (sort of the whole point of my posting this) but there's no excuse for making no attempt to meet the other spouse's needs.

I hope you "hired" someone more compatible.

After kids- I don't think there was ever any consecutive nights of sex.

Maybe I guess on a romantic weekend away, but I certainly don't even recall that right now. Twice in a week (with days in between) would be a very good week with a young child in the home.

Hmmm, well, we have three kids and when they were small and in our 30s, we still had as much sex as before and after. We just had to make the time and even schedule it sometimes so even though I'm not sure exactly the number of consecutive days, I can't remember ever not having it every night or morning at least once a day except when I was out to sea, deployed in the military.

We are lucky that our kids were good with enforced boundaries too so our room was off limits unless invited (which they were a lot.) I think sex is like everything else....if you prioritize it, it becomes a part of life. My wife is extremely romantic, kind and sexy so it comes very natural with us. The hardest time for us to prioritize was when we had babies and toddlers...other than that, my wife can't sleep without some closeness and nooky before bed. It relaxes us both.

Keep working at it,

Grumps

• Like 1

I can't remember consecutive number of days since we had our kid (now a pre-teen), but we've stayed pretty consistent with some type of action about every other day. However the last 6 weeks he's been sick, and I just got through finals so we were only going about once a week. Now that he's finally feeling better and I finished up my projects we hit 4 days in a row until last night when he fell asleep early.

I don't know about how many days in a row per se since we are both in our 30s with multiple children as well. But we are still 3-4 times a week for sure. I would honestly say 5 in a row might be our topper since kids. Even I can get tired and want a day off. I remember a weekend last year where there was 4 times in 2 days. I have no idea WHAT set that off with us.

I remember a weekend last year where there was 4 times in 2 days. I have no idea WHAT set that off with us.

Ha, I was looking at my app and was wondering what set us off for our streak in November. I looked back at when my daughter was born in June up until October, and saw that it was pretty bleak (of course the time off for birth, but we jump started and became active again at 4 weeks postpartum instead of the recommended 6). There was a pick up at the end of October all into November. That is also the time that she started to sleep through the night.

Coincidence? I think not. :laugh:

ShatteredLady

I know this is going to sound horrid...I'm a romantic really! I think sex is a habit. The more you do it, the more you think about it & the more you want to do it & then you have yummy thoughts about something you did & want to do that a bit more or a bit differently.

When you don't have sex that becomes a habit too.

I don't think we've gone much over a week of everyday since we had 2 kids. We need to work on my baby daughters boundaries!! Oh yeh...him not withholding affection, being kind & FAITHFUL would help with my libido! (Sorry bitter BS!)

Ha, I was looking at my app and was wondering what set us off for our streak in November. I looked back at when my daughter was born in June up until October, and saw that it was pretty bleak (of course the time off for birth, but we jump started and became active again at 4 weeks postpartum instead of the recommended 6). There was a pick up at the end of October all into November. That is also the time that she started to sleep through the night.

Coincidence? I think not. :laugh:

Our kids have always been excellent sleepers - 12 hours a night type of thing - and still are. My motto is that adults sleep less than kids so there should be no excuse not to find time. My wife agrees. I know the summer time there are certain shirts my wife will wear where I know I am going to pounce on her the second the kids go to sleep.

• Like 1

Hope you dont mind a childless wife chiming in but I like nothing to do with scheduling...catch me out of my shower or bath and take charge. Just throw me on the bed. She might like a tiny bit of that take charge. Also my H can always get me talking dirty by questions such as "have you been a bad girl"? Im not sure if thats a little cliche but...it works!! Cause then Im like...VERY bad haha! Sorry for the tmi...my busy travel schedule and his on calls having to work at home after work is somewhat of a similiar obstacle of having kids!

Hope you get to..8...9..10!!

5 days in a row is common for us. It's been a slow season, but we are hoping for more now that the holidays and some vacation are coming. We are both feeling very sleep deprived lately!

Teenagers have been the worst thing for our sex life. Damn kids can keep their eyes open much later than us!

Teenagers are old enough to understand that parents have sex, and practice mutual consideration and respect. We try to be quiet. The teenager doesn't make a big deal out of it if we are overheard. Life goes on.

55+ (both of us)

With my S.O. High libidos, both of us, which is unusual at our ages. I'd say probably 30 days straight. A few times more than twice a night (once going to bed, once before getting up for the day). We're well matched and I don't feel the need to climax more than once every few weeks anyway - it's enjoyable enough without it.

I don't mean to brag -- this is a rare relationship. It hasn't been like this for me since I was a teenager. I just want people to know it *is* possible for people in their 50's and 60's if you like sex enough and find someone whose libido is compatible with yours. (And 99% of the time, this is without any medication.)

There are difficulties in the relationship, but sex is not one of them.

• Like 2

FWIW when I was married with the kid it was typically 1-2 times per week pretty much until the divorce.

We slowed down in the pregnancy especially in the third trimester. He was afraid of hurting me and I wasn't always comfortable. So we did other things but actual intercourse was a few times a month. Right now we aren't having sex but I am only 9 days out of delivery. But happy that my libido hasn't dropped in my attraction to my husband. In fact I am more attracted to him now because of our beautiful daughter than before! Hubby is enjoying the boobs out all the time and making his appreciation known! lol I will be happy when we can try again but right now the idea of needing to use my abs with the fresh incision makes me :(. But he has made the post partum time so lovely, and my body is still very appreciated even though it is still changing daily.

But ready to jump back on this horse! ;)

I don't know about most consecutive days of sex, but we probably average about 6 days per week and that's after a kid. We've never gone more than 2 days without, excluding the 2 week break after our son was born.

beautifulinside2

Sometimes I wonder if counting days of sex is psychological. Both our kids are adults but we have weeks where we have sex 1 day and weeks where we have sex 4 days. No apparent reason and we spend lots of cuddle time. Our sex life is good but we have so much fun doing other things we like to do together where sex is an afterthought

Wow, I feel so lucky.

No bragging intended but my wife and I have sex every single day. Ok, maybe that's an exaggeration but it is in all honesty a minimum 6 times a week.

We are both 42 and it has been this way our entire life together. We have 4 kids between 10yo and 15yo.

Before kids it was anywhere and everywhere and the sessions could last for hours whereas now it's generally early morning before work before the kids wake up. It's a great start to the day ;)

I'm not sure how I would cope if I was cut off to a couple of times a week.

I honestly couldn't guess a record number of consecutive days but it would be quite substantial.

Late 40's with two little kids - have had sex six times in six years. Once this year about six months ago which was the first time in two years.

I'm the lucky one.