What common gifts do wives give to husbands?

For the holidays and anniversaries, husbands gift their wife jewelry such as rings, necklace, bracelets, earrings, etc. What are common yet significant gifts that wives select for their husband?

My husband loves the outdoors, so I always try to pick out something he can use on his next fishing or hiking trip.

We don't do a lot of gifts for each other, though. We raised four kids and decided early on that we wanted to give them everything we never had as kids, and that we wouldn't buy for each other on birthdays or Christmas. I'm hoping that will change now that all of our kids are grown. It would be nice to exchange gifts with him on birthdays and Christmas instead of just once in awhile.

• Like 1

I loved buying presents and never liked just the practical as I think everyone should get "toys". I brought everything from a car stereo to high-end dirt bike, tickets to sporting events etc. On leaner and less creative years I had him make a list and would try to simply get things he wanted. The best ones were a surprise trip to Vegas for our anniversary and one year for his birthday I had Bill Kirchen present him with a Gibson 1968 ES335 I purchased during his show. The little things were packets of baseball cards (since he collected) or music or comic books.

• Like 2
I had Bill Kirchen present him with a Gibson 1968 ES335 I purchased during his show.

OMG, I think I love you!

I gave my hubby his gift early, an xBox one. I'll fill in at Christmas with kitchen gadgets, he loves to cook. If I could find a couple of really good, old cast iron skillets at an estate sale, he'd be in heaven, but my chances aren't looking good. Last year, I stocked him up with decent spatulas, a salt and pepper grinder set, a good timer, etc.

Tools are great, but he has nearly everything he needs at this point.

When I run out of toy ideas for him, I'll resort to toys we can use together. Oh yea, I forgot about the sex swing I bought him for a birthday. :)

• Like 3

I don't know that there are common gifts. Try to find something that he likes.

Clothes, jewelry & cologne are pretty common I guess. Electronics & gadgets. Tools.

What about getting him an event gift: skydiving, race car experience, tickets to a show? My husband is hard to buy for so I always get him tickets to a headliner comedian.

Sports or outdoors related stuff, electronics are two common things.

For significant milestones - sometimes an expensive watch or trip some where special are nice options.

• Like 1
For the holidays and anniversaries, husbands gift their wife jewelry such as rings, necklace, bracelets, earrings, etc. What are common yet significant gifts that wives select for their husband?

they do? where do i get one of those husbands?

• Like 2

I usually get my husband nice man-things like a grill, a nice leather belt or wallet, a fancy shaving kit, fishing rods/reels or tools/tool bags. I've also gotten him electronics, games, concert tickets, and knickknacks for his office. This year he asked for an electric fish fillet knife and a hat.

• Like 1

a really high end bottle of bourbon is always good. Expect it to cost $75 or so. something like 1792, willet 12 year old, four roses cask strength....

A good knife is always welcome. A high quality folding knife...will cost at least $80.

if he hunts, some camo is always welcome, like new camo gloves, a nice warm camo hat, some expedition weight fleece underwear.